PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous C6501 - Post inserter PI-502 on Finisher FS-607 with PK-512

Custom Search

Stirton.M
10-20-2010, 06:38 AM
Got a bit of an issue with the post inserter in this model.

It would seem that whenever I attempt to use the manual controls on the post inserter itself to send a stack of paper through the hole punch, there is no way I can set the hole punch to be 3 holes, instead of 2.

My best guess is that this is just the way it is with this particular unit as any effort to set to three hold in the control panel of the main body does not affect this.

Looking through SSD, I get the impression that this is fixed via special firmware for offline mode, but I am not sure if I can use a lower version firmware (v33) on a V60 flashed machine.

And of course, does this actually work...and even better, can the user switch back and forth from 3 hole to 2 hole?

HORSE
10-20-2010, 02:07 PM
It does work I loaded it on a new machine last week.

The motor goes in a forward direction for 2 hole and reverse for 3 (4) hole. When offline button is pressed the motor goes forward by default, special firmware just changes the signal so the reverse is default.

It's an old version but nothing really changes in those FS so it's good to use.

Danger is some smart ass Tech following you will think it's old ROM and update it. Just make your team aware.

Stirton.M
10-20-2010, 10:53 PM
Yep, this did the trick...its unfortunate that there is no ability to switch back and forth at will...

Custom Search