PDA

View Full Version : biz hub 420

Custom Search

copierlady
10-20-2010, 08:24 PM
Hey guys,
have a customer that wants a machine that can fax and\or scan to a file, a document that is 200-250 pages. (and, of course they don't want to spend much money.) will the 420 handle that? I know it will only hold 100 pages on the adf but,can you put in 100 pages at a time and save them all to the same folder then email the entire contents as one file? Also, can anyone tell me where i might get more educated on the networking and scan features of these machines? I feel lost.

Mr Spock
10-21-2010, 02:53 AM
I believe that if the hard drive is installed ( I do not remember if that is an option or standard) then you can do a "separate scan" and refill the adf hit start and repeat until the job is done. The only draw back is that the file can get too big for the email server on one end or the other.

copytechman
10-21-2010, 03:33 AM
Hard drive is an add on option to that model but is essential of you do a lot of scanning (especially with the separate scan feature and using the df). I've seen pdf's created that are pretty impressive in size.. I think the only real limit is the hdd and how your sending the file on it's way. (We tend to use SMB for those kind of installs or even FTP).
Regards!
A.

copierlady
10-22-2010, 12:49 PM
Thank you for responding. How about education? I can't ask you guys everytime. Thanks again.

copytechman
10-22-2010, 01:25 PM
I guess that depends, it requires a certain amount of IT savvy to program the machine and the corresponding PC to setup a folder, share it with the correct credentials etc etc. I found an actual document that show's you how to do that with that machine, pm me and I'll email it to you. Looks to be quite informative! The document is for Vista SMB but the same basic principal can be applied to both win XP and windows 7 IIRC.

Regards!
A.

Custom Search