PDA

View Full Version : Jamming Konica Minolta Bizhub C252P

Custom Search

minrod
10-22-2010, 10:47 AM
Good morning,

I have a jamming problem with my KM Bizhub C252P. When I print in A4 vertical position the printer stops and show me a paper jam message, also A3 paper gets jam message.

The question is, when I put the paper in horizontal possition (as you see in the image) it works ok (the A3 only can be putted on vertical possition in the trays).

The paper is not curl.
The jam code is 3001.
Can be the sensors? Any motors? Or fuser temperature?
The fuser is almost new, the transfer belt is also new.

Thanks in advance.

mrwho
10-22-2010, 10:55 AM
Is the paper size correctly detected by the machine? Seems like the machine isn't detecting correctly the paper size other than A4 or maybe the auto-detection is turned off?

minrod
10-22-2010, 11:06 AM
The paper size autodetection is on, in fact, it was working some days ago. It happens from one day to another.

mrwho
10-22-2010, 11:13 AM
Check the tray for any broken guide, and see if there's any paper stuck behind it. Does it happen from both trays?

minrod
10-22-2010, 11:17 AM
Nothing seems to be broken: it happens even in the manual tray.
In the second tray there is another problem, the paper gets stuck sometimes sends a jam error before exits (but there is no jam). But I think that it is another question.
Thanks.

Stirton.M
10-22-2010, 11:57 AM
Check to ensure that the paper orientation at the driver side is the same as it is on the machine. Sending a job to the machine, if you sent it short edge feed at the computer, but the copier has long edge in the drawer, the print command will override the tray settings. The sensors at the sync roller just before 2nd transfer will register the length of the paper as incorrect and will jam consistently. An obvious symptom to this is if the example you had shown above, the trailing edge of the paper is just past the sensors before the sync roller.

Ensure the rollers are all cleaned with rubber rejuvinator to ensure that a timing error is not created at that level. Replace worn pickup, feed and separation rollers.

If I recall, the control panel is nothing more than a small LED display showing a few lines? If so, verify through there also what the machine sees regarding the paper size and orientation.

minrod
10-22-2010, 12:15 PM
Check to ensure that the paper orientation at the driver side is the same as it is on the machine. Sending a job to the machine, if you sent it short edge feed at the computer, but the copier has long edge in the drawer, the print command will override the tray settings. The sensors at the sync roller just before 2nd transfer will register the length of the paper as incorrect and will jam consistently. An obvious symptom to this is if the example you had shown above, the trailing edge of the paper is just past the sensors before the sync roller.

According to your comment, It should not happen when I do copies, isn't it? But, it happens.
Anyway I will check, but the driver never has been changed.

Ensure the rollers are all cleaned with rubber rejuvinator to ensure that a timing error is not created at that level. Replace worn pickup, feed and separation rollers.

Do you know where I can buy this parts in Europe? (In Spain I prefer).

If I recall, the control panel is nothing more than a small LED display showing a few lines? If so, verify through there also what the machine sees regarding the paper size and orientation.

The paper appears correctly in the panel (it auto detects when I change the position, orientation or size).

Thank you for the answers, I have tray to clean this pieces or try to buy. If I can not buy that pieces, there is another solution?

mrwho
10-22-2010, 12:53 PM
According to your comment, It should not happen when I do copies, isn't it? But, it happens.
Anyway I will check, but the driver never has been changed.

Copies??!? Then you have a C252 and not a C252P (which is a printer).

Do you know where I can buy this parts in Europe? (In Spain I prefer).
Try Nea (http://www.neagrupo.com/). I believe they can also provide you with technical support if you can't solve the problem yourself.

¡Saludos! ;)

minrod
10-22-2010, 02:11 PM
Copies??!? Then you have a C252 and not a C252P (which is a printer).

Try Nea (http://www.neagrupo.com/). I believe they can also provide you with technical support if you can't solve the problem yourself.

¡Saludos! ;)

Sorry, I mean C252, I don't why I have write that "P".
I will call contact NEA.

Thank you.

Anyway If somebody have the same problem and know how to solve it, please, help will be very apreciated.

minrod
10-22-2010, 02:18 PM
I have try to contact NEA, but their email does not work.

Stirton.M
10-23-2010, 12:18 AM
Sorry, I mean C252, I don't why I have write that "P".
I will call contact NEA.

Thank you.

Anyway If somebody have the same problem and know how to solve it, please, help will be very apreciated.

Ahhh...I was wondering that too..

In any event, it is possible to override the tray paper size settings on tray one and the bypass tray. Normally these should be set to auto, however, if the paper size is set to a fixed size through the control panel, but the paper is physically a different size, or for this issue, different orientation, the paper will jam every time.

From the control panel, select the paper tray that is giving issue. If the pictogram of the button shows a different orientation to what you have in the tray....

For example. You have the tray loaded with letter, long edge in the feed direction, but the pictogram on the tray button shows an image that indicates short edge feed, the machine will jam every time. I can also program the bypass or tray one to have legal or ledger or A4 or whatever other size, in spite of having letter long edge in the tray and it will jam every time.

Sending a print job from a pc, if I send the job short edge first and force it to go to tray one or bypass, the machine will accept my print command and override the autodetected paper settings.

Consider this a bug with the machine that has never been resolved...

Also, trays one and two are set by sensors inside the back side. If a sensor is not set correctly, the machine may not see this. For example, the trailing edge guide was not cinched up to the trailing edge of the paper, or the front and rear guides are not cinched up to the paper correctly, which will cause the machine to think there is a different paper size in the tray. I've lost count of how many times I have seen this.

In some cases, the front and rear guides of tray 1, or the bypass, may not be centered properly for some reason. Tray 2, this is not common, though it can happen. In some cases, the bypass tray may not be "calibrated" properly...that is, the front and rear guides are programmed in tech rep for maximum and minimum positions.

generally, all the trays should operate without issue. But if you have an intermittent issue and all of the above has been eliminated, it is possible that a wire harness could be faulty, or the there is a fault on the MCB...poor connection, flaky IC....

Even corrupted firmware....would not be the first time I saw that.

Stirton.M
10-23-2010, 12:20 AM
As for parts for the machine, any KM dealer should be able to set you up with any part you want....

minrod
10-25-2010, 10:22 AM
As for parts for the machine, any KM dealer should be able to set you up with any part you want....

Yes, it should be. But they want to change all the pieces of the copier before see what happens.
Thank you. I will check the size of the paper.

minrod
12-20-2010, 03:31 PM
If somebody wants to know, I solved the problem: it was the fuser (the sensor that detects when the paper is out). Fuser replaced and it is working perfectly.

Regards.

mrwho
12-20-2010, 03:57 PM
We always like feedback, specially for those that come here with the same problem looking for solutions.

As for the fuser, did you really need to replace the entire assembly? Maybe you could get the actuator from an older fuser, and I think you can order it as a part (although I'm not able to check it right now).

Custom Search