PDA

View Full Version : Electrical 7075: FS108 stops responding

Custom Search

mrwho
10-22-2010, 02:37 PM
I've got a 7075 with a FS-108 finisher that stops responding at seemingly random times. The machine apparently detects the finisher, because when I open the door or the top cover the machine pops up the "close finisher door" or the "close finisher cover" accordingly.

But when I open and close the door/cover the finisher doesn't do the usual motor cycling and when making copies they get stuck at the machine exit/finisher entrance and the finisher stays dead until I cycle the copier's power.

When I turn the machine off and on the finisher works correctly until the next time this happens.

Anyone here has a clue why this happens? I'd swap the finisher board, but I'd like to be sure of it.

Luther
10-22-2010, 03:02 PM
Ive had wiring harnesses cause this also the finisher door interlock switch...just some thoughts

mrwho
10-22-2010, 03:07 PM
Ive had wiring harnesses cause this also the finisher door interlock switch...just some thoughts

I'm going to order the finisher door interlock switch. About the wiring harness, which one(s) usually cause this for you?

Thanks.

Luther
10-22-2010, 10:42 PM
Usually the staple harness

mrwho
10-22-2010, 11:17 PM
Usually the staple harness

Great - spend money on a cable for something the customer doesn't even use.

I think I'll try to just disconnect it from the CB - hope the machine just chugs along without throwing an error code. :)

Thanks for the tip!

Custom Search