PDA

View Full Version : task alfa colour machine fusers

Custom Search

blsquires
10-24-2010, 03:19 AM
we are having a bad run with fusers on these machines with torn belts and pieces of the belts comming of ,according to kyocera they are (we have seven in the worshop)not covered under warranty as they are being damaged by customers .apparently we are the only company in australia that is getting all these fuser problems .any one else out there having problems with these well designed fusers that we are the only ones having problems with.
i wont mention the dev and drum problems but with prices being what they are we are almost putting these machines out for nothing on the service contracts.

JSC
10-24-2010, 01:12 PM
We have had to change qute a few under warranty for fsr codes, but as of yet not had any with torn belts, or any other damage.

blackcat4866
10-24-2010, 04:49 PM
The VoyagerE have their share of fuser problems, which I deal with daily. If all the machines had the revision 5 fuser all these problems would be gone, but alas, at low volume it takes ages for the typical VoyagerE fuser issues to appear. But even the VoyagerE series machines have very few torn belts. More common is delamination (or separation of the layers, giving a bubbly or wavy appearance to the belt), or nicks caused by jam removal metal implements.

I haven't replaced any CS-500ci series fusers which are built very similarly. From what you've said so far I would also suspect an enduser issue here. Do you have the standard voids set up (3mm lead, 2mm sides, 4mm trail)? Do you problem machines do a lot of heavy fill? What type of media is being used? =^..^=

aabarnes1
10-24-2010, 05:35 PM
We service utax (badged KM machines), on the new (grey/black) series, perticularly on the 25 cpm model we have had torn belts, error 6030, constant jamming,timing issues. Utax have via Kyocera warrantied all or faulty parts. However to ratify your point, yes we have had problems accross the board with these colour models.

TJ001
10-25-2010, 01:05 PM
Make sure all the latest firmware is loaded.

aabarnes1
10-25-2010, 04:34 PM
Make sure all the latest firmware is loaded.
Naturally, Kyocera/Utax will not warranty parts unless latest firmware is loaded as most manufacturers!

edwardkirchner
10-29-2010, 11:52 AM
i have problems with the 500ci fusers,50/51 jams!the firmware is at 10.0,new fuser,the mach will run great for about 10k or so.then start to jam.the guide on the fuser worps,i lowerd the temp.with no results.kyo,will replace it under warrenty.this has happenend to 4 different mach.any help would be great

flimmer
12-26-2010, 06:50 PM
Have you checked the arm in the switch back unit - there is a new type with a notch - changed the timing of the switching guide

Custom Search