PDA

View Full Version : KONICA 7130

Custom Search

copierlady
10-26-2010, 05:04 PM
Working on konica 7130. When making muliple copies the machine goes into a "adding toner mode", and it makes a lot of noise when it is doing this. It sounds like a scanner when it is stuck and can't move. Thats the only way i know to discribe it.
Then it shuts down and gives a f26-1 code. Anyone heard this one ? I am hoping since there is a noise involved you are not gonna say tds. I realllllllllllllly don't wanta do that. Not my fav job.

mrwho
10-26-2010, 05:16 PM
Seems like you've got some toner stuck on the chutes that feed it to the developer unit. I never had to dismantle one, but I've heard it's a nightmare.

Check to see if the toner bottle turns, it's all I can suggest for now. If it does, then I'd go for the toner reservoir at the back of the machine.

mrwho
10-26-2010, 05:20 PM
Just found out this:

DESCRIPTION: Noise from the toner supply unit.
CAUSE: Toner is binding in the toner supply unit, causing the toner conveyance gear/5 to strip.
SOLUTION: Replace the toner conveyance gear/5 (p/n 26NA32680).

And also doesn't seem to be your problem, but if you're going to dismantle the machine, it doesn't hurt to check:

DESCRIPTION: Noise from Toner supply section, Toner bottle rotates continuously.
CAUSE: The actuator of the SD6 (Toner bottle solenoid) is unhooked, the Toner bottle rotates continuously when Toner supply motor is ON, the Toner middle box is full with toner.
SOLUTION: Remove the Toner supply unit and repair the solenoid SD6.
Note: To have access to the Toner supply unit, it is necessary to remove at first the Toner bottle, Developer unit, Drum unit and Main CB.

copierlady
10-27-2010, 12:36 PM
Thanks for the reply. Wasn't the simple solution i was looking for, especially since this machine is setting on near white carpet! May just take it back to the shop to dismantel! Thanks again. I'll let ya know what i find, if i don't just part the machine out. Time to move on to the biz hubs i think. But that involves the customers actually having some money!!!! Thanks agian

spock
11-05-2010, 09:22 AM
that fault does pop up from time to time, remove the toner hopper assy from the back of the machine and try vaccing out the augers and giving the stepper motor a bit more preload on the gear. Also i have seen the spring snap causing the gear not to pull in when the solenoid is pulled in. A similar fault also occurs on the new Bizhub 420/500's with binded drives.

Custom Search