PDA

View Full Version : Damn inconsistent SMB

Custom Search

blackcat4866
10-27-2010, 02:32 AM
The share folder is on a 2003Server. They've got a bunch of different Copystar machines. I've got no problem with the Wisecore machines. CS-2560, CS-5050, CS-420i set up fine, no sweat. Those same exact settings just don't work on the NS-30 machines (CS-C4035E, CS-8030).

It's the exact same share folder, exact same network, exact same settings typed or cut/paste, and it just don't go: login/password error 1103. It's a secure server, so the authentication is required. Host name won't work, but IP does on the Wisecore machines. Path reads: rootfolder\scans (where rootfolder has the share properties).

Any idea what I'm doing wrong? =^..^=

bsm2
10-27-2010, 03:03 AM
? its its a 8030 can use scanner file utility its 99.9 fail proof
check folder settings full control and add your user

blackcat4866
10-27-2010, 03:17 AM
The folder is shared to Everyone, Full Control. The customer objects to the gaps in security associated with the ScanFile utility. =^..^=

tmaged
10-27-2010, 03:56 AM
Microsoft TCP/IP Host Name Resolution Order (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/172218/EN-US)

You might find this interesting reading.
FWIW, I've even found they are inconsistent across the SAME model. I've had some where I had to use the IP address & some will work with hostname. The only problem with IP is DHCP.
If possible, I set up hidden shares on the server $, then give the users a shortcut to their own folder. A couple of benefits are when the PC is wiped/replaced, you only need to give them a shortcut. Also the server should be backed up so all scans are backed up. Plus there is only 1 address/hostname & authentication point. I've had users change their password only to generate a service call.

Cape Town Boy
10-27-2010, 09:23 AM
Hi Blackcat

Check to see if they have NTLM v1 or NTLMv2 active.

If it is NTLMv2, then in the hostname area, type \\hostname (file://\\hostname), and then under path \sharename. I had this once on server 2008 and found out the difference between NTLM v1 and 2. This worked for me.

Then with the user name, domainname\username

and then password.

Regards

Frits
10-27-2010, 11:02 AM
try this

go to local security policy on the server en changhe under security options;

digtally sign communication disabled (always) turn this off
digtally sign communication disabled (if client agrees) turn this on

do same thing in de domein policy en run gpupdate

Regards

blackcat4866
10-28-2010, 02:53 AM
Thanks all. I've got a few more things to try. =^..^=

jbennett@bccopy.com
10-28-2010, 03:21 AM
have you tried putting the fqdn username as in domain\username or the username@domain.com. I have found that some admins secure their servers in ways that they dont even understand. Also what firmware are you running are the boxes updated? Also check that the security on the folder under the security folder and ensure that your user has read write and modify rights to that folder. I would also just for a test setup a quick shared folder on one of the pc's and try to scan there. If scanning functions than its a security issue on the server. If not than there is possibly an issue with your scan nic. I have seen this before. Keep us updated as the battle continues.

itsmeorisit
11-09-2010, 02:52 AM
The digital sign stuff works, funny kyocera dont have one for the files yet.

Custom Search