PDA

View Full Version : CQ color shifting c6500

Custom Search

jhbtech
10-27-2010, 10:39 AM
hi all

I am busy with a konicaminolta c6500 and have a color shift issue on SRA3 300 gsm paper.yellow shifts quite previlentat the trail side of paper.magenta also shifts before the yellow on the same page.I have changed transfer unit,transfer pulse disc,changed transfer belt speeds up and down with still no joy.

On 80 gsm the image is fine.

Stirton.M
10-27-2010, 11:07 AM
Appears that your registration sensors may be at fault.

Do a colour registration adjust and see if that corrects the problem. You may also need to open up the machine to get at the sensors themselves and clean them of dust. In severe cases, replace the registration assembly itself...

jhbtech
10-27-2010, 11:14 AM
i have replaced that unit as well.currently swopping drum drive unit around.to best describe problem,client is printing business cards with white text in them(24 up)some cards will have yellow in the text and others will have magenta in the text

HORSE
10-27-2010, 11:51 AM
White Text in a solid color on heavy stock will do this especially at 300-360mm from lead edge of SRA3, it tends to knock the magenta out by 1/2 pixel and on small text tends to fill in with a red tinge. Like you say do the same job on plain paper and its perfect. Caused by fuser shock transfered up the Tx belt.

Its a limitation of the machine.

Try using a line screen and see if it improves any.

Stirton.M
10-27-2010, 11:58 AM
Having a thought....just occurred to me as I read your post a second time through..."some" cards are doing this on a 24 up file? I recall having a similar issue with a client and it turned out the print engine was not at fault, though of course, in your situation, this may not be the problem...but still worth a look.

It is likely the printed document itself. File corruption when being sent to the queue. Resend the job is one approach. Another is to save the file to PDF (in 24up) and print as image when sending. Use another graphics program to render the file and print. Use another PC.

Further tests can be done through tech rep mode to eliminate the engine. In tech rep, test pattern output....

Set all colours at 255, and select pattern 16. Test on light and heavy stocks....if there is a problem with the print engine, this test will show it with a vengeance.

Might be firmware or the PRCB is failing then. Firmware should be at v60.

If registration is fine on light stock, it should be fine on heavy stock too. Belt and drum speed are adjusted based on that variance.

Also, it could possibly be a problem with the fiery rip itself. To eliminate the fiery, create a print port on the client computer that will print direct, instead of the print or hold queues.

jhbtech
10-27-2010, 11:59 AM
The machine has become progressively worse over time.total counter is now on 1.1million clicks

Stirton.M
10-27-2010, 12:25 PM
The machine is rated for 5 million...so still a long way to go. Most problems are fixable, or there are workarounds...this problem appears fixable...but then, I am not right in front of it to observe what is going on to know for certain.

scans could help some just to verify suspicions.

jhbtech
10-27-2010, 12:47 PM
the scans do not show the shift,so i cannot post that.but a better description is we printed a cmyk black text and the yellow has shifted about 1mm from the lead edge of image to the trail edge

jhbtech
10-27-2010, 01:02 PM
the scans are not showing the shifting of the yellow and magenta.

mr.propper
10-27-2010, 01:33 PM
change the following settigs and your problem is solved.
The cause is a different Drumspeed when use thick paper.
It the same problem as "Drum drive error C-2211, C-2212, C-2213 or C-2214"

DipSwitch 21 - 6 and 7

Bit6 Bit7
0 0 : Default
1 0 : 0.1% up
0 1 : 0.2% up (recommended setting)
1 1 : 0.3% up

jhbtech
10-27-2010, 01:40 PM
I am sorry but I did that already

HORSE
10-28-2010, 09:30 AM
jhbtech if you find out how to fix it be sure to let me know, I have about 300 machines doing what you described.

jma676
10-28-2010, 03:36 PM
jhbtech if you find out how to fix it be sure to let me know, I have about 300 machines doing what you described.

Hi Horse, but I think that maybe I'm confused, but you have one of these last bulletin troubleshoting, as the friend says: "Color Are Shifting" did not clearly describe the problem but .... I think he means that the color is changing within the same impression.

As described in the Bulletin: "Banding of Halftoning" can be this... the problem.

"as they say: with a sample will be easier"

In terms of overall image problems can be solved in the majority, many of these arise from poor control of Machine, you should carefully review the stabilization control in all its possibilities and find the problem there, of course ... Bizhub consumables must be in good condition.

Most of the bulletins describe how you can solve these problems, but well this is funny, it is only an approximation of what actually happens in most cases I use the Bulletins only to find that parts have been modified or which functions have been added (SW), then use these "but" with my own discretion.

I don`t travel to Australia usually, "but 300 machines", let me know and we will gladly be organizing everything to be there and would help you personally.

mr.propper
10-28-2010, 06:28 PM
I think jhbtech mean this effects.6855

jma676
10-28-2010, 07:46 PM
I think jhbtech mean this effects.

well mr.propper , as seen in this sample, seems to be a clear problem of color registration control, you can choose a precision color registration control .-

Well if you look carefully ... seems that for some colors the Main Scan problem and for others, Subscan.

As you were saying before: Correction of Drumspeed control can affect, although this would be only in one direction: Subscan.

▼: Main Scan.
►: Sub Scan.

Chromatik
10-28-2010, 08:29 PM
I agree!!

HORSE
10-29-2010, 02:48 AM
Sample 1 is 300 gsm and the problem is always more noticeable in the circled area especially around 300mm from the lead edge.

Sample 1 close up shows the text filling in red because the mag pixels are knocked out by 1/4 - 1/2 pixel due to fuser shock.

Sample 2 is on 200gsm not so noticeable on the scans but is still can be seen with naked eye. Doesn't happen on plain paper 80-130 gsm at all. Using 300 gsm Mondi helps a lot but its still there, also increasing the text size and it doesn't fill in so much.

They all do it... just depends on the type of work and if you are sharp enough to pick it up. Its even worse on long grain paper.

RRodgers
10-29-2010, 05:42 AM
I'm jumping into this late and haven't read any of it... but... have you done the belt line speed adjustment? Sure the encoder for the transfer belt is clean?

alex.imagemax
08-09-2014, 03:08 AM
Guys,
I'm with this problem in all my C6500 field here in Brazil, approximately 150 machines, already changed all the possible parts, boards, registration sensor, speed settings drum and belt, updating of firmware version 70, but nothing worked, I'm finding that it is a chronic problem of the machine. If anyone has a solution on this issue please let us know.

jma676
08-11-2014, 05:03 PM
Guys,
I'm with this problem in all my C6500 field here in Brazil, approximately 150 machines, already changed all the possible parts, boards, registration sensor, speed settings drum and belt, updating of firmware version 70, but nothing worked, I'm finding that it is a chronic problem of the machine. If anyone has a solution on this issue please let us know.

Hello, you can contact us with a private message, we are in Argentina and we can give you support for your machines.

drodas78
08-22-2014, 10:40 PM
Hi, I'm having the same problem with a new (1000 clicks) C70hc. Does anybody knows how to fix it?

Regards.

RRodgers
08-24-2014, 12:47 AM
Hi, I'm having the same problem with a new (1000 clicks) C70hc. Does anybody knows how to fix it?

Regards.

Make a new thread, run the density balance adjustment.

KM1Amsterdam
08-28-2014, 09:53 PM
All 6000 and 7000's i know have the same. The problem lies in the fact u cannot adjust the speeds the fuser uses to make a loop/arch between transfer en fuser during printing. The initial speed is to slow, causing the transfer unit to slow down when paper enters the fuser, the loop is increasing. If the fuser loopsensor swiches the fuser increases speed to decrease the arch/loop. The transfer unit also increases speed because. It is this influence on transfer belt speed, that causes the color shift.

Best would be to make speed differrance for loop creating/decreasing adjustable. Less differance and looping for stiff papers.

Custom Search