PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous C451/C550 Dropping off network

Custom Search

AyJayAreDii
10-27-2010, 05:47 PM
I have a Bizhub C451 and a fellow colleague Bizhub C550 both dropping of the network, Both on different customers. Once droped off the network the customer has to turn the machine off and back on again to get it to print. We have tried;
upgrading to latest levels of firmware,

Deleting all print drivers and reinstalling
changing the ports (IP),
changing all network cables,
swapped mfp board with working machine. (as the network interface in in the mfp)
We have changed various settings (more then I can remember to list)

Nothing has worked and the customers are very upset as this has been an ongoing problem. The printer will only last 5 mins after being turned on. we have another C451 next to this printer which works fine. Both have same network settings (other then IP address) so both should work on the same system. Any ideas of thing to try that I have not listed are very welcome.

Mr Spock
10-27-2010, 11:34 PM
I believe that there is a "special" firmware patch that fixed this issue. Also check the power save and power off settings. Also if you can swap machines and see if it moves or stays with the machine. If it moves to the other machine it is a network issue.

bsm2
10-28-2010, 12:19 AM
You may have a bad port on their network switch , plug it into a another port

Johnny_B500
10-28-2010, 12:28 AM
Change the network speed from auto to 10/100. That usually fixes it! Let us know what you find as a resolution.

suso73os
10-28-2010, 09:03 AM
Yes, as Mr spock said there is a special firmware that you can use to reset the Nvram and Nic separately, so you can reset all nic parameters, I did it 2 weeks ago in a Develop 451+ that had the same problem that you coment and the machine works fine until that, you can probe also if your client doesn´t use the mail options to not introduce the dns, ldap, gateway,etc only the ip adress and mask, I did it in a Develop Ineo + 203 and the client didn´t call me anymore for this reason, sorry because I have a poor english level I wish that you can understand me.

AyJayAreDii
10-28-2010, 09:53 AM
@ Mr Spock / suso73os; Special firmware and R6 does not change a thing + fault stays with machine. will have to inquire weather our IT guy has changed settings for dns as you said. but as i said both machines have same parameters.
@ bsm2; tried several time as well as changing network cables (for new ones) and changing IPs etc...
@ Johnny_B500; network speed does not change anything either

Stirton.M
10-28-2010, 10:09 AM
As Mr Spock mentioned, disable sleep mode in administrator. This is one bug, but it has to do with the machine failing to rise out of sleep mode and sometimes also is related to the issue you are having.

Problem quite likely could be power related. These machines are power hogs. They are also sensitive to power fluctuations. Ensure that the machine has its own dedicated plug and that NO OTHER MACHINE, even a shredder or pencil sharpener, shares that outlet. Also ensure that you have a power conditioner for the machine, a must have. This device will ensure even and clean power to the machine, which is a major contributor to problems with pretty much the entire line of bizhubs, your problem amongst them.

DCPS
10-28-2010, 10:39 AM
Swap the NVRAM from the working machine and see what happens. You will get a licence error warning but that's no problem. Do nothing, only check if you have the same symptoms. Or you can try the NVRAM tool to reset the NIC and try again.

suso73os
10-28-2010, 07:32 PM
I resolve the same problem with the nic reset tool firmware, It´s a pity that it don´t work for you, but if the problem persist the problem may be the motherboard.

Stirton.M
10-28-2010, 07:45 PM
Oddly enough, just had the same thing this morning. The IT at the customer did a search and found the following...

Homegroup printer offline, requiring restart of print spooler (http://social.technet.microsoft.com/forums/en-us/w7itpronetworking/thread/7fdd1716-e43f-4b68-8074-e72a85847a61)

Long story short, disable SNMP if you are experiencing this problem, at least according to the guys on that link.

The drawback to doing this however, is that you will lose two way communication with the device regarding consumables and paper levels. This may be find for some, but not all. Use only if there is a problem.

AyJayAreDii
11-01-2010, 06:24 PM
Ok guys thanks for all your help!
Went to the c451 today and found when the machine is on the network, you can ping it however the reply came from another IP address! the Ip address was from an fiery that was no long being used... customer did not like using it :confused:. Well I lined up 50ish one page job in the print que whilst the machine was off, turn on the machine and tried to see what changes when the machine stops printing. Turns out as soon as the fiery connects with the machine (appears in the utilities screen), then the printer drops off the network. so;
Enter service mode
Touch “system 2”
Touch “image controller settings”
Set to “controller 0”
Turn machine off
Disconnect Fiery power cable, cat5 network cable and black interface cable
Turn machine back on!

And tested for over an hour with out fault! I then rang the guys dealing with the C550 and was told they used!!! to use a fiery but had stop. We are sending someone in tomorrow morning to repeat what I did today, and will let you know if it is the same problem. Not sure why the working c451 behind the one I just worked on was in the same situation with the fiery and not having this problem.

Thanks again for your help :cool:

ps: I should had tried this earlier. :o

Mr Spock
11-02-2010, 12:06 AM
I may just be the fiery is not talking to the printer correctly. On the printer it should have an address that starts with 172....
This will allow the fiery to "forward" the next higher ip address to the machine (i.e. fiery 192.168.1.10 then 192.168.1.11 is assigned to the machine and forwarded to the machine bypassing fiery intervention).

bsm2
11-02-2010, 12:06 AM
Fiery will pull Two IP address one for the fiery and one for the copier, If you have the regular print controller pluged in direct you need to add 2 ip address up from whatever the fiery has. Its a Konica thing!

Custom Search