PDA

View Full Version : bizhub 1050

Custom Search

angelntx
10-28-2010, 04:40 AM
Hi guys,

I've got an issue with a 1050. It is leaking toner on the very edges of the page (front and back edges) and leaving speckles on the page. The machine has had the Cleaning unit and developer replaced with new units. I also noticed something else but I don't know if I'm looking to much into it. The filter behind the developer has been getting more toner in it than usual even after two days. The filters are cleaned out regularly and PM cycles are also kept up. The machine has about 10 mil on it. Am I missing something?

angelntx

kingpd@businessprints.net
10-28-2010, 05:59 AM
Hi guys,

I've got an issue with a 1050. It is leaking toner on the very edges of the page (front and back edges) and leaving speckles on the page. The machine has had the Cleaning unit and developer replaced with new units. I also noticed something else but I don't know if I'm looking to much into it. The filter behind the developer has been getting more toner in it than usual even after two days. The filters are cleaned out regularly and PM cycles are also kept up. The machine has about 10 mil on it. Am I missing something?

angelntx

Let me pick my brain at 1 in the morning. Are you running duplex or simplex? Let's rule out some simple things first. Does it have oem toner in it? How's the drum blade looking, maybe that needs replaced? All coronas good and cleaned? Try running some different paper types just to see what happens. Was the machine moved recently? Is the glass good and cleaned? Is part of the doc. feed or platen dirty and getting imaged? Can you see what the toner density is set at?

angelntx
11-01-2010, 03:40 AM
kingpd,
Yep, I've ran simplex and duplex-same issue. The cleaning unit came with new blades. The corona units get cleaned out with every wire replacement. They mainly run 20lbs paper and on some occassions run 110lbs index stock (12X18) and they don't set the trays correctly for that stock. They are really pushing it with that type. About 90% of the time the jobs are from the print managment but yes the glass is cleaned even the dust proof glass in the machine. The toner density is set to achieve maximum density, they like seriously dense solids so I go through starter and wires more than average. I checked on the machine friday and the toner filter was working the way it should. The toner they receive is OEM. I was wrong about the meter...it's at 12.8 mil. Now I have an issue with duplex skewing on the 1st side. I ordered new rollers for the duplex. Oh and the fuser was rebuilt on thursday.
This is what I get for wanting to keep my machine clean...should have left it dirty.lol

angel

11-01-2010, 07:28 AM
kingpd,
Yep, I've ran simplex and duplex-same issue. The cleaning unit came with new blades. The corona units get cleaned out with every wire replacement. They mainly run 20lbs paper and on some occassions run 110lbs index stock (12X18) and they don't set the trays correctly for that stock. They are really pushing it with that type. About 90% of the time the jobs are from the print managment but yes the glass is cleaned even the dust proof glass in the machine. The toner density is set to achieve maximum density, they like seriously dense solids so I go through starter and wires more than average. I checked on the machine friday and the toner filter was working the way it should. The toner they receive is OEM. I was wrong about the meter...it's at 12.8 mil. Now I have an issue with duplex skewing on the 1st side. I ordered new rollers for the duplex. Oh and the fuser was rebuilt on thursday.
This is what I get for wanting to keep my machine clean...should have left it dirty.lol

angel

I got to quit staying on the computer to 1 and 2 in the morning. Well...any toner problems I've ever had were drum blade, a leaky seal, or build-up on the fusers. There may be some problem with the heavy card stock. I had a color device that had hammermill color copy card stock run through it and it didn't get good density, even with the right settings, among other problems. It wasn't glossy but had a slickness too it. It would take a dozen or so prints on regular paper to get it to print perfect again. Maybe the density is too high, I'd try changing that just to see what happens.

Duplex skewing. I'd see if you can "follow the paper" and track down where it's getting off. So the first side or second side printed is the issue? and what tray(s)?

Ya know, sometimes it is best to not get too advantagous on things. A few weeks ago I put a new fancy power strip on my TV and home entertainment system...it was supposed to save energy. It was one of those where you turn one thing off and all the other outlets turn off...well it saved energy all right...it blew a board on the TV and it didn't work for 2 weeks...

Lesson learned, if it works, don't touch it.

Let me know how you make out.

urvi
11-01-2010, 07:43 AM

angelntx[/QUOTE]
Hi guys,

I have gone through the same problem & for this problem i have replace Cleaning Unit & Developing unit with new developer & run set up, Problem is solved
Regards
URVI

albasoul06
11-01-2010, 11:27 AM
change dipsw 12-0 to 0

angelntx
11-03-2010, 02:49 AM
Update:o)
Today I went out to the account and rebulit the duplex unit. WhuHu! No more skewing! I also checked the transfer/transport area, it's clean.
Thank you everyone for the help.
And kingpd: Get some sleep;o)

angelntx

11-03-2010, 03:30 AM
Update:o)
Today I went out to the account and rebulit the duplex unit. WhuHu! No more skewing! I also checked the transfer/transport area, it's clean.
Thank you everyone for the help.
And kingpd: Get some sleep;o)

angelntx

Glad you got it fixed and working good. I'm looking forward to getting to bed earlier tonight...Thanks.

Custom Search