PDA

View Full Version : C2257 Bizhub C550

Custom Search

Spidula
10-28-2010, 06:15 PM
Evening people.

Have a C550 chucking up 2257 codes.

Have checked cleaner drive motor, cleaner drive gears, transfer belt cleaner section and reseated connectors on the board. Everything looks OK.

Any suggestions please

Thanks in advance

Spid :)

Stirton.M
10-28-2010, 07:30 PM
change the motor or prcb as per service manual if visual inspection indicates everything is fine.

suso73os
10-28-2010, 07:36 PM
I have found a service note for this problem, Hope it helps.

C2257 at power ON.

[Solution]

CAUSE: Obstructed cleaning brush drive system or failed cleaner motor.

SOLUTION: Reseat CN301 to the cleaner motor and CN2 on the PRCB (p/n A0P0 H001 00 - PWB-MC). Ensure all pins are properly positioned and all wires are firmly seated into the connectors. Inspect Cleaning brush 1 and Cleaning brush 2 in the transfer belt cleaning unit for unrestricted movement. Replace the cleaner motor (p/n A0P0 M115 00) as necessary.

minimerlin
10-28-2010, 09:55 PM
Try a new waste box...the flag that is in the centre sensor position can fall off..then the machine does not know that the motor is turning..hence the code!

DCPS
10-29-2010, 01:25 PM
By checking the cleaning motor M38 you mean you have tried an other one? And does the code come as soon as you switch the machine on or from time to time? I had this code twice and it was the cleaning motor M38.

Spidula
10-29-2010, 04:14 PM
By checking the cleaning motor M38 you mean you have tried an other one? And does the code come as soon as you switch the machine on or from time to time? I had this code twice and it was the cleaning motor M38.

Have not tried another motor but have ran the machine with the side off and its all OK. Its an intermittent code. Have been back in today and checked ICP18 on the main board which is OK. Going back in with a new motor when it arrives and will take it from there.

Thanks for the input folks!!

mailderrick
05-14-2012, 05:15 PM
I am guessing the motor fixed the problem? I have a machine that is having intermittent problems that is slowly becoming worse. It started when the old style trasnfer gears started grinding when the belt cleaner was a little tight and bound up. I installed the new style transfer gear assembly and was working. I am thinking all of this extra pressure(bound cleaner,grinding gears,new kit) has caused the motor to fail esp. if these are a common problem anyway.

Spidula
05-14-2012, 06:32 PM
I am guessing the motor fixed the problem? I have a machine that is having intermittent problems that is slowly becoming worse. It started when the old style trasnfer gears started grinding when the belt cleaner was a little tight and bound up. I installed the new style transfer gear assembly and was working. I am thinking all of this extra pressure(bound cleaner,grinding gears,new kit) has caused the motor to fail esp. if these are a common problem anyway.

I went back in with a motor and new belt. Problem solved

mailderrick
01-31-2013, 07:42 AM
Mine was solved with a new belt and new gears that drive the belt. Glad you got your going also!!!

EarthKmTech
01-31-2013, 09:36 AM
you can easily run the machine with the left laser safety shielding removed and watch this motor in action - just position it so the fan stays connected.

Don't be stupid and stick reflective objects in the laser path or attempt in any way to look into the laser path and you'll avoid permanent blindness.

JustManuals
01-31-2013, 05:00 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

akbareshghi
05-04-2017, 09:59 AM
reseated connectors on the board.
please explain which board or boards is your mind in the above sentences
thanks a lot

Synthohol
05-04-2017, 12:07 PM
dude, last post was in 2013, i think its fixed by now or in a scap isle somewhere :)

Custom Search