PDA

View Full Version : bizhub 350 change drum question...

Custom Search

brent
10-28-2010, 09:38 PM
so I know they go around 100k give or take. but I had one go 179k the other day and it did not lock up. the copy quality was shot. but I have had these machines lock up also
is there a soft switch that I have turned off or on? thanks

brent

fixthecopier
10-28-2010, 10:58 PM
Brent, most of them will go way over if you do not reset the counters. In the soft switches, type 418 in the top box. In the string, bit 3 should be flipped to "0" and it will turn off the change PC message.

mrwho
10-29-2010, 10:01 AM
Brent, most of them will go way over if you do not reset the counters. In the soft switches, type 418 in the top box. In the string, bit 3 should be flipped to "0" and it will turn off the change PC message.

That's nice to know. Since I usually run from those machines I never had the chance to look that up. It's already on my notebook!

Reps to you!

fixthecopier
10-29-2010, 10:41 AM
Just remember that if it fails prematurely, look on the right side of the drum and look for a scratch where the drum has made contact with the mag roller, then you need a new box.

mrwho
10-29-2010, 10:44 AM
Just remember that if it fails prematurely, look on the right side of the drum and look for a scratch where the drum has made contact with the mag roller, then you need a new box.

Of that I was aware, thanks. I also know that you can replace the whole box or just rebuild the developer unit with new collars on the mag roller.

SmellsHot
10-29-2010, 01:12 PM
What is the highest percentage you've seen before image quality goes bad?
We average about 200% the highest we've seen is 279%
Anyone getting better yield?

brent
10-29-2010, 03:05 PM
only had 179 percent. copy quality was shot. but also got to keep in mind. that unlike the 3510 series that you could in deed zero out the drum and deleloper counter. if you try to zero out these counters it will go into a code. then you would have to replace the drum and developer right?

fixthecopier
10-29-2010, 11:30 PM
only had 179 percent. copy quality was shot. but also got to keep in mind. that unlike the 3510 series that you could in deed zero out the drum and deleloper counter. if you try to zero out these counters it will go into a code. then you would have to replace the drum and developer right?

Yes you are correct. When you change the drum and developer, "0" out the counters before you put the new unit in. If you put it in before doing that, it will code and it is hard to recover. You only get to adjust it once on these.

ezzysi
12-03-2010, 09:26 AM

Hi, being quite new to the KM brand can I check where to go to access the soft switch for this function.

I've seen one listed in the manual under "Admin 2" in the Utility Admin section, is that the right place to make this change? and can it be switched off if the machine is already displaying the "change pc drum" message.

Cheers
Simon

SmellsHot
12-03-2010, 12:54 PM
You can change the switch in either admin or service mode, and yes the message will go away. Just make sure you cycle the main power after changing the switch.

ezzysi
12-03-2010, 07:31 PM
Thats great info, cheers all :)

Hansoon
12-04-2010, 05:25 AM
+
**Shameless Push**

Lots of additional info here:

Follow the links inside too

http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/sale-trade-wanted/33726-modified-collars-bizhub-200-250-350-di-series.html

Hans

Custom Search