PDA

View Full Version : bizhub c450

Custom Search

copierlady
10-29-2010, 11:10 PM
Hey guys,
could you take a look at this attachment. Working on a bizhub c 450 that is putting garbage on the back of the copies when printing to it. It does it from all the computers so it is not the computer. Plus they have another c450 in the same office that is printing fine. This is just a one sided document, not duplex. Any clues? I don't have one.

KMnyafayce
10-30-2010, 12:10 PM
How old is the 2nd transfer roller? it may be time to replace it my friend. Also check the Registration rollers make sure there is no crud (i.e. toner, foreign ink, etc.) on it. Check all the rollers in the machine for that matter. You can clean the 2nd transfer roller with alcohol but that is a TEMPORARY fix only as it could cause another adverse copy quality problem, Light copies.

I hope this helps.

Bradley
Chattanooga, TN

Stirton.M
10-30-2010, 12:42 PM
uh....

You may have already done so, but check the paper in the tray to ensure it has not loaded with recycled paper....never know, some users are anal about wasting paper and that could possibly be a symptom of this OCD kind of thing, or an interoffice practical joke.....looking at it, this does not look like simple random toner dirt transferring to the page, it looks like a well defined image judging from the edges...especially the lead edge...note the clean area is close to that of the edge erase border typical of any print.

To my knowledge, there is no way for such an image to be reproduced on a C450, or any machine for that matter without duplex as seen in your sample.

The 2nd transfer roller or the lower fusing roller could theoretically transfer toner to the backside, however in the case of 2nd transfer, nowhere near as much toner would transfer as toner should be attracted to this roller, not repelled by it onto the paper during image transfer. The fuser, if the lower teflon is worn enough, though something like this should eventually dissipate over a series of prints. In both cases, the reproduced image on the backside would appear completely random and match the circumference of the rollers involved.

If the fuser is in good shape and 2nd transfer is relatively clean, there is quite literally nothing else that can do this in the machine. It is possible there is toner dirt somewhere in the path leading up through the vertical section. Inspect and clean as necessary.

If in doubt, swap the transfer assembly (entire vertical transport on the door) and the fuser to the working machine and see if it is fine there.

albasoul06
10-31-2010, 03:48 AM
Has the machine firmware to the latest version ?

BIG PAPA
11-01-2010, 01:42 PM
What about duplexed prints? How do they look?

Custom Search