cheers..........

techcai
11-02-2010, 01:50 PM
C4153 Polygon motor rotation trouble(Y)

• The polygon motor fails to turn stably even after the
lapse of a given period of time after activating the
polygon motor.
• Motor lock signal detects HIGH for a given period
time consecutively during the polygon motor is rotating.

Stirton.M
11-02-2010, 01:57 PM
As previously stated, the yellow print head has failed.

If this is a single event, meaning it is not instantly repeatable, it should be fine, but leave the history count for this code in place. If it comes back, replace the print head unit. The TSB recommends to replace all 4 colours as a set, since you cannot order individually, its one of those may as well kind of things, but is not always necessary.

KM7155
11-02-2010, 02:38 PM
thanks for the replies.

previously, the machine can work after restarting, but today, it totally down with the error code.
is there any guide to replace the print head, since i need to do it urgently.
my company is dealing with the KM machine, i can't even find this model in the KM technical website.

techcai
11-02-2010, 03:13 PM
try to reset the (y) print head. take it out then back it into the original place. it would be connect not well.
or Too much resistance ...

Stirton.M
11-03-2010, 01:08 AM
thanks for the replies.

previously, the machine can work after restarting, but today, it totally down with the error code.
is there any guide to replace the print head, since i need to do it urgently.
my company is dealing with the KM machine, i can't even find this model in the KM technical website.

Generally pretty easy to remove. The hard part is to get at it.

Remove the finisher if one is attached.

Remove all four image units...cover them with a few sheets ledger paper to protect the drums from light sources. Remove all toner bottles. Remove the transfer belt unit.

Remove the left side cover of main body. Remove the exit tray (right above the toner units).

Remove front door assembly.

Under the control panel, there are two white covers that cover the post on the right side, remove these....the right side cover when removed will reveal a screw hidden for the white panel just below it, to the right of the front door. There is also 2 screws hidden by the right side door.

On the left side of the front panel, remove the two wire harness connections there. On the right side, remove the wire harness connection seen there. Remove this panel after all the screws holding it in are removed....it is a bit tricky to remove...be very careful. You may have to wiggle it in an assorted ways to get it to cooperate...an assortment of snaps hold it in place...they are not hard, to overcome...just be patient.

Above each laser unit is the lamp erase assemblies held in by one screw. The one above the yellow has no harness, but the ones above the other three do have a small harness. Remove these (only if you plan to replace all four laser units, which is highly recommended for this specific error code...the replacement units are a matched set.)

All three colour laser units are identical in removal and replacement.

There is a small white gear that can be seen on each unit, held in place with a plastic lock tab. Carefully pry the lock tab away from the shaft and gently remove this gear. This part is fragile, it is important you do not break it while removing it.

The black laser unit does not have one of these gears. Removal procedure from this point is identical to the colour units.

Remove the ribbon cable from the board seen in front of the units...simply pull straight up. Remove the two wire connected.

There is a metal spring clip ( it is U shaped) at the front of all four units, remove it.

Each laser unit is now ready for removal. Gently grasp the unit and rotate counter clockwise just a little bit. There are two nipples on the right side of the laser unit that need to clear the holes of the metal frame that the unit locks into. The backside has another spring tab that holds that end. The tab is a little tough to overcome, but again, be gentle. When the nipple clears the hold, you will know and the unit can be pulled towards you slightly to clear the spring tab holding it in place. Simply roll the unit a little more counter clockwise to remove from the holder.

The 4 laser units are typically identical, so it is not important to keep them sorted when you replace them with new units. Start with the black and work your way back to the yellow. Insertion is the complete opposite of removal. Be patient and foremost, be careful.

Replace the parts and panels in the reverse order as described above. Again, that front panel will be a bit tricky popping back into place. As always, be patient.

Unfortunately there is no shortcut to reassembly for testing purposes to make sure you assembled everything correctly. So as I said, take your time with everything, as it really is a chore to get at the laser units and if you do something wrong during the reassembly, ribbon not seated in the slot correctly, gears not put back and locked in for CMY laser units (black has none), lasers not lined up properly in holder holes, etc...

If all goes well, power up the machine, perform a reset and stabilize and you should be good to go.

Stirton.M
11-03-2010, 01:18 AM
try to reset the (y) print head. take it out then back it into the original place. it would be connect not well.
or Too much resistance ...

You are in violation of the terms of membership for this site with your signature linked to a manuals download site. I suggest you remove it or face the wrath of an advertiser here, along with the site admins.

http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/system-announcements/28332-clarification-rules-regarding-copyrighted-material.html

http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/service-manual-requests/2276-tips-rules-service-manual-request-forum.html

KM7155
11-03-2010, 12:00 PM
thanks for the details reply, Stirton.
will try it out once i get the PH.

cheers.........

techcai
11-03-2010, 12:36 PM
hi Stirton.M (http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/members/stirton-m.html) . I'm sorry, the link i had removed. i wish the C4153 error code will be remove. you are great.

KM7155
11-22-2010, 05:54 AM
Hi guys,
just received the PH today and straight away go to change it, really a big thanks for Stirton.M, after some pulling and scratching head, atlast, the PH unit successfully separated from the machine. After changing the new unit, power on the machine, the C200 is up and running.

Thanks for everyone...

Stirton.M
11-22-2010, 01:52 PM
Yer welcome. :)

Unlike you, I get to do 3 of these this week....got a rash of machines popping this code recently...

KM7155
11-23-2010, 12:18 AM
is it this model famous for the PH spoilt? i think i need to order more for this part.
luckily i only have few units of C200 at my area. :)

Stirton.M
11-23-2010, 11:50 AM
Sorry, I spoke in haste. Your C200s should be fine, they do not have the problem I was thinking of.

There is a known issue with the C203 (253, 353) series machines with the laser units failing. Once replaced, they should be fine...there is a range of affected machines....

There was an FOC program, though I think it has since expired....here are the details....

the pdf documents to this...

Custom Search