PDA

View Full Version : Anybody seen this on a Bizhub 600

Custom Search

fixthecopier
11-02-2010, 09:43 PM
Machine will make 1 perfect copy at a time. If you ask for two, the second page will be stopped in the turnover section of the fuser, with some marks on the page, but not the image you copied. The second sheet of 11/17 will stop at the entrance of the fuser. Tech support said it could be the power supply???

mo0651
11-02-2010, 10:36 PM
Jam counter code? Have you stopped the copy under the drum? is The image there? Could be a lot of things. What have you tried?

fixthecopier
11-02-2010, 11:33 PM
There is no image on the drum on the second blank copy. The call is another techs at the shop at the end of day. I do not believe the jam is the issue as much as the missing image. The KM district service rep said that the power supplies do stupid things when damaged. I was just wondering if any body else had heard of this. I would think it would be the image control board. It is as though after passing the paper to the drum, it doesn't make the copy, and then does not think the paper should be there so it jams at the next sensor. There are marks on the paper as if some electrical discharge is taking place. No mater what drawer you feed from, or paper size, or no matter how many you ask for, first copy perfect, second sheet has no image and stops in fuser.

Stirton.M
11-03-2010, 03:18 AM
Perhaps a problem with memory...or the hard disk...

disable the hard disk and/or swap memory sticks and try again...

aleksander
11-03-2010, 04:37 AM
try to change the memory and rewrite the firmware. I hope it can help you.

kingpd@businessprints.net
11-03-2010, 10:54 AM
Try giving the machine a few light slams and talking nasty to it...you'd be surprised that this can actually "fix" things...

pepper38_cnd
11-03-2010, 11:18 AM
If you have dialed up multiple copies say 10? Do you get the same results? One exits and one at the turn over? There should be a 3 rd sheet. If you only have one in the machine not 2 then I would check the sensor on the bypass assembly PS36 Loop Sensor. When you remove the bypass it is right in the middle. I have seen some strange things happen if that sensor gets sluggish.

fixthecopier
11-03-2010, 12:35 PM
Anything more than 1 copy has the same results, stops in the fuser with no image, there is no third sheet.

pepper38_cnd
11-03-2010, 01:17 PM
There should be a third sheet in multiple copy mode sheets are normaly fed fed about 3 inches apart, timing is controlled by sheet feed sensor if it didin't work your page would stop before the drum, loop sensor and reg sensor if either of these fails the next sheet will not feed.

SmellsHot
11-03-2010, 07:05 PM
Sounds more like a ADUDB issue to me.....

mrwho
11-03-2010, 09:25 PM
I dunno if you're trying to feed from the RADF nor if that also happens with internal prints, but here's something I found on the 7165 troubleshooting that is remarkably close to your description:

DESCRIPTION: DF316, when copying 11x17 or 8.5x14 originals from the RADF, a misfeed occurs and 2 sheets exit (1 copy and 1 blank copy).

CAUSE: Overhead lighting is interfering with the original length detection performed by original length sensors (PS309) and (PS310).

SOLUTION: If, the machine cannot be moved to another location, order a sensor filter kit (p/n U193-0030) and install the original sensor filters above (PS309) and (PS310), which will block light frequencies that cause the sensors to react incorrectly. Attach the filter sheets above the sensors by using transparent tape. Since the sensors are located in a recessed area of the RADF feed tray, the tape and filter will not interfere with feeding of originals.
Note: A quantity of two (2) filter sheets is included with each sensor filter kit.

fixthecopier
11-03-2010, 09:34 PM
Thanks for all of the input. As I stated earlier it is another techs call and he was not able to go back to it today. He did add that he tried all sizes of paper with the same results, only difference is the 8and a half stops in the turnover and the longer paper stops in the fuser. I mentioned the length sensors and he has had that issue before and has eliminated it as a possibility. It seems he noticed cola stains on the back before leaving the call and that is what led the district service rep to think it was the power supply.

fixthecopier
11-04-2010, 09:34 PM
To update, the tech flashed it with new firmware and it worked ..... for about 20 pages, then went back to doing the same thing.

pepper38_cnd
11-04-2010, 10:41 PM
I'm still sticking with the loop or the reg sensors, but a sticking reg clutch would do it too! So would the ADUBD as was mentioned before. You haven't mentioned the jam code yet? J1701 thru J1704 deal with loop and reg sensor.

Albonline
11-05-2010, 07:03 PM
seen this just last week, turned out to be the priner contol board

minoltaed
11-05-2010, 08:34 PM
Had a 600 doing close to the same thing but only out of the bt 2 trays. Ending up being clutch that drives the vert rollers. Tech support said it was the power supply.

fixthecopier
11-05-2010, 10:41 PM
I did not get an update today as I got stuck on a critical c550. We were discussing it and thought if the second sheet does not stop at the reg sensor, it would through everything off. If doing 1 sheet, it does not pause at the reg.

fixthecopier
11-10-2010, 01:51 PM
Thanks to all who responded. The problem was the reg clutch. No image on the second sheet due to timing being off.

mrwho
11-10-2010, 02:34 PM
Nice to know. Thanks for the feedback!

EarthKmTech
11-15-2010, 10:36 PM
I've had similar issues before with an arcing transfer separation unit.

if so much as 1 hair on those silly "hairy" automatic corona cleaning pads is touching the wire in the home position you get problems such as this but usually a error code will follow.. :cool:

mrwho
11-15-2010, 11:08 PM
I got the habit of ripping those cleaning units out on those machines. I believe they're more trouble than they're worth - someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Custom Search