PDA

View Full Version : C253 pulling K developer

Custom Search

emujo
11-03-2010, 04:09 PM
MFP has about 70K roughly 20% color..original tech went to training and left me with this...Original call tech goes out and finds transport belt shredded, part of belt lodged into K I/U. tech states he replaced K I/U (life counter reflects recent change) and transport belt (counter shows almost at life limit). Since "replacement" of above 2 items, every time MFP is turned off or goes to sleep,or sits for 30-45 min, 1st copy out has developer on 3-4 inches of lead edge (LT) from front to back. He called tech support and of course they recommended HVT and PRCB replacement. So now I get invloved...replace recommended parts and no change. Going back with new xport belt and 3rd K I/U but since this is now over a week old, customer is screaming for replacement. Tech says he found all pieces of shredded belt but who knows...can a transfer belt cause developer migration? I ran test copies in service mode and although no devloper is pulled from any of the color units, I can see a faded portion on the lead edge of CMY that roughly corresponds to where the developer is placed on the 1st B&W copy. Every copy (color or B&W) after the 1st is pristeen. Any ideas?

bizhub1
11-03-2010, 04:43 PM
Hello emujo, wandering if when the belt shredded if it didn't bend or disform the contacts at the back of the machine and maybe losing bias? I believe the contacts are just small springs, maybe loose, bent,etc. Just a thought

emujo
11-03-2010, 06:37 PM
Update...I went back out with a transfer belt and K I/U...replacing the I/U seems to have resolved the developer issue, but my image xfer belt life counter wont reset... Looked at CN33 on PRCB should be 24vdc but it's at 12 vdc so the fuse is not popping. This is a new PRCB. Any way to fool it to reset the belt? Looked at fuse in both belt assy,s and neither are popped. Any ideas? Emujo

DCPS
11-04-2010, 10:04 AM
Update...I went back out with a transfer belt and K I/U...replacing the I/U seems to have resolved the developer issue, but my image xfer belt life counter wont reset... Looked at CN33 on PRCB should be 24vdc but it's at 12 vdc so the fuse is not popping. This is a new PRCB. Any way to fool it to reset the belt? Looked at fuse in both belt assy,s and neither are popped. Any ideas? Emujo

You must have 24V on CN33. Check also ICP5 on PRCB. Do you also have a C-2451 error?

emujo
11-04-2010, 01:08 PM
No C2541s, going back with PRCB today...developer started to pull again after 3rd new I/U. It's gotta be related to the MFPs inabailty to reset the x-fer belt. Hopefully I will receive a new PRCB, and not a "certified good" returned BWB. Seems like whenever I order a board, it's been used and you never know if it's really a good board or some tech didn't want the parts $ hit and sent back as "good". Emujo

emujo
11-08-2010, 02:06 PM
Update!! the 3rd PRCB did the trick..once my Transfer belt reset to empty, all CQ issues went away. FYI>>>

Custom Search