PDA

View Full Version : how to reset meter count bizhub C353 series

Custom Search

aleksander
11-04-2010, 05:39 AM
Hi all,
Anyone know how to reset the meter count for bozhub C353 series and C360 series? thank you for all answer.

Stirton.M
11-04-2010, 06:03 AM
to do so is ILLEGAL. DO NOT ASK AGAIN!

aleksander
11-04-2010, 06:36 AM
Stirton, may I know the reason? Thanks

kingpd@businessprints.net
11-04-2010, 06:44 AM
Stirton, may I know the reason? Thanks

Because a major value and condition factor on any copier or printer is a page count. It's like the milage on a car. Would you want auto mechanics resetting the odometer on vehicles? It is my understanding that there may have been only one situation where a copier needed to have a meter reset, all other intentions were probably ignoble.

Why do you want to know how to reset the meter? If it's truly a noble issue then you should contact the manufacturer for instructions or ask for a bulletin fix on the issue.

aleksander
11-04-2010, 07:00 AM
Because a major value and condition factor on any copier or printer is a page count. It's like the milage on a car. Would you want auto mechanics resetting the odometer on vehicles? It is my understanding that there may have been only one situation where a copier needed to have a meter reset, all other intentions were probably ignoble.

Why do you want to know how to reset the meter? If it's truly a noble issue then you should contact the manufacturer for instructions or ask for a bulletin fix on the issue.
oh...i see.
thanks

mo0651
11-04-2010, 10:48 PM
Great! now add Sydney to the don't buy list. Right along with Mexico. Rep Power just took a hit!

kingpd@businessprints.net
11-04-2010, 11:07 PM
It makes you wonder how many people ever got f'd over on a meter reset. I had a suspicion many many years ago that there was a guy in Florida doing it. One of those situations where the machines were too old to have unrealistically low meters...but who knows.

Now we've gotten laser printers in pallet quantities from large enterprises and governments with literally 100 pages or so on them...I guess they were backups or spares or overpurchases, but that is the exception and not the rule.

TheOwl
11-04-2010, 11:59 PM
I remember being at a training course for our IT Managed Services applications and during the course we were told that the software had the ability to read SNMP communities as well as being able to change some OID's with the MIB installed. They then proceeded to tell us that you can reset the meter count on printers using this part of the application.

Some jaws dropped when I said that they should remove most of the MIB's included in the base install as you have to sign Non-Disclosure Agreements to use the MIB's and that resetting meter counts was illegal.

It doesn't matter how many times you here "Reset the meter count", it always makes your blood boil.

Mr Spock
11-05-2010, 12:56 AM
The only "legal" way to reset the meter is to ask Konica for a new NVram board. Then watch how much info they want before they even think about giving you one....

Stirton.M
11-05-2010, 01:04 AM
Yep, been there...listened to customer bitch about why it takes so long to get machine back, waiting for the item to ship.

TheOwl
11-05-2010, 03:23 AM
It's funny how some manufactures insure meter counts on machines. Konica Minolta solely rely on their NVRAM, Toshiba have the meter count issued to every board with in the machine so if you change the main board, then meter readings aren't lost and I'm sure other manufacturers have their own way of doing this as well.

And yeah, Konica Minolta do like to take a long time to hand out a new NVRAM. lol

Mr Spock
11-06-2010, 03:25 AM
I work for KM direct not a dealer and even with the manager calling and requesting it, it took 3 days to get it approved and another 2 weeks for it to arrive at the office (full signature with Identification or no package). Replaced and guess what did not fix the issue!! (bad wall power caused the problem).

KenB
11-06-2010, 03:36 AM
This thread kinda reminds me of when the so-called internal "computer" went bad in my '99 Dodge Intrepid and as a result I had no blower fan, as it was controlled by same said piece-o-crap.

The odometer is also on the computer. Because of this the dealers are forbidden to stock the part, and once the part is ordered the vehicle cannot be driven, per Chrysler Corp. (I had to leave it at the dealership for 3 days.)

When the part gets replaced the dealer re-inputs the odometer setting with what was on the old one.

A different product but a very similar process.

Stirton.M
11-06-2010, 09:19 AM
(bad wall power caused the problem).

Custom Search