PDA

View Full Version : CQ shadowing when scanning or coping on c552 (non ds)

Custom Search

lucky13
11-04-2010, 04:47 PM
when coping or scanning in portrate direction i get ashadow that runs along the top about 1 inch across page ,seems to be comming from rear of slit glass area , copy or scan on glass no shadow , checked doc feeder tried max up and max down no change ,tried reg loop adjustment no change , all rubber hole plugs are in cant see a light leak anyware ,if i move back ground removal all the way light it goes away but copies are washed out ,has firmware B4 ,sample is in color it also does this in B&W ,checked optics all clean no misaligned mirrors .this was a new install only 600+ prints on it

SmellsHot
11-04-2010, 05:41 PM
Have you done the "non image area erase" ? Do your internal prints look fine?
I would also make sure your white reference is clean. It's weird that it's blue.....

lucky13
11-04-2010, 07:47 PM
did not see the non erase image adjustment in the set up instructions i do see that when setting up B&W and the smaller color machines,i'll go back and look for that adjustment , and i did clean both sides of glass , yes all prints and internal prints are fine

ebm
11-05-2010, 12:21 AM
You seem to have isolated the problem to the ADF. I wonder, does the shadow come out cyanish in black or single color copies also? If so, what could cause it to come out that color? Just something to ponder which might help isolate the problem further. I could be mistaken, but, Don't you have to remove some bluish tapes from the ADF at setup for this model?

lucky13
11-05-2010, 12:29 AM
not shure if its doc feeder or slit glass area B&W copies and scans have a B&W shadow and all packing tape is off thanks

Stirton.M
11-05-2010, 12:53 AM
If the problem only appears during ADF scanning and is fine on the main platen, it could very well be an issue with the doc feeder not sitting correctly. You will need to verify that all four "feet" of the doc feeder are sitting flat against the top of the scanner unit. The left rear is the most difficult to see...when the feeder is closed, shine a light on the front edge to direct that light between the scanner and doc feeder and look through from the back to see if there is a gap.

Also check to verify if the white guide is moving freely...it is spring loaded with two shoulder guide screws holding it in place...

Custom Search