PDA

View Full Version : FS-108 finisher brotha from anotha motha :)

Custom Search

msaeger
11-05-2010, 01:35 AM
Ricoh tech here working on a re-branded fs-108 finisher.

I am looking for a Konica part number for part 7 on the attached diagram. (or just give me the konica part book)

Here is the issue they are having in case someone wants to tell me I am totally wrong and let me know what is really the problem :)

They have a system automatically sending jobs to the machine and they switch between portrait and landscape a lot. When switching between the two the staple heads have to move and there is a chattering noise like the head is sticking and the staple head will jerk when trying to move. This causes a jam.

I can move them freely by hand and I cleaned / lubed the shafts they ride on so my guess is the motor is going bad. Maybe someone that works on Konica stuff has seen this before ?

albasoul06
11-05-2010, 01:49 AM
attached

msaeger
11-05-2010, 02:14 AM
Thanks !

msaeger
11-11-2010, 03:16 AM
Well the motor didn't fix it I can't figure out what else to try.

Here's what it's doing rear corner staple letter side portrait (long edge feed)

The staplers move out, the rear one rotates, the set gets stapled.

Then the staple heads try to go to the home position and seem to get stuck.

It appears that the rear one should rotate down then the staplers should move in to the home position. What happens is the rear stapler rotates down and when it gets to the home position it doesn't stop trying to rotate and starts jerking as it gets driven into the end of it's travel. If I push on it a little it will stop and the staple heads will move to their home position.

I am pretty sure the rotation home position sensor is good because if I stick something in it the stapler stops rotating and I am pretty sure it's hitting the flag when it gets to the home position because I have made the flag bigger so it would have to hit it.

Any Konica guys know what's going on here ?

Custom Search