PDA

View Full Version : minolta di200,251,351 fuser

Custom Search

Tom
11-05-2010, 12:20 PM
Hello, just a curiosity question. I know the fuser assy's for these models all have different part #'s, but had anyone tried swapping them to see you can you one version in another machine? Just looking at them, I don't really see a difference between them. Is there a different size gear or something? I have a few of all 3 models in the field, but sometimes not all 3 fusers in stock, & was just wondering if there was a way to get around that by swapping out a gear or something. thanks

minimerlin
11-05-2010, 08:33 PM
Hello, just a curiosity question. I know the fuser assy's for these models all have different part #'s, but had anyone tried swapping them to see you can you one version in another machine? Just looking at them, I don't really see a difference between them. Is there a different size gear or something? I have a few of all 3 models in the field, but sometimes not all 3 fusers in stock, & was just wondering if there was a way to get around that by swapping out a gear or something. thanks
We never replace the fusers.just renew the rollers etc as required, never had the need to change the whole assembly.
I think the only difference is the heat roller might be thicker on some?

minoltaed
11-05-2010, 08:38 PM
Same fuser.

Hansoon
11-06-2010, 06:31 AM
Fuser is basically the same. The only difference is the UFR. The wallthickness of the Di-200/251 is 1.0mm and the UFR for the Di-351 is 1.8mm. Giving the latter a little more "heat storage", likely to equalize fluctuations in fusing temperature during long runs on this faster machine.

As an emergency solution I swapped fusers between 251 and 351 and reverse without seeing any negative side effects.

Hans

Tom
11-08-2010, 02:28 PM
Thanks very much, fellow techs. Very useful info that could save time & money. I wonder if this also hold true for the di250-di350? I still have a handful of them in the field also. but not many. A little info you. You know the jamming issue on these machines where the feed tire doesn't pick up the paper out of the tray because of the type of tire minolta uses, I've been replacing them all with the softer, black rubber tire whick has greatly imporved pick-up traction causeing less jams. Unfortunately, nobody sells it for these models, but through trial & error, I've found one that works. It fits a toshiba 1550/1560 analog copier. Same size you need for the Minolta di200/251/351. The only place I've found that sells them is a place called NA trading & technology. phone # is 1-800-231-8434 ext.143. Just order the tires for the toshiba 1550 (very cheap) then tear off the old tire off the hub, slide on new tire, bye bye jamming.

mjunkaged
01-19-2011, 09:15 PM
I don't think the 250 vs 350 are the same. I have never had much luck rebuilding that one, because it has a plastic frame and tends to get hot and deformed over time.

Hansoon
01-20-2011, 04:01 AM
I don't think the 250 vs 350 are the same

The original question was about the Di-200, 251, 351 range. NOT Di-250, 350.

Those latter fusers are very different.

Hans

Custom Search