PDA

View Full Version : CQ C500 color lines front to rear

Custom Search

racefreak
11-05-2010, 08:55 PM
OK guys, I hope you can help. I've got a C500 with Cyan, Magenta and Black lines (no Yellow) running from front to rear on all paper. PM was just done 3k ago with new drum units, developer, dev units, Charge units and today I just replaced the entire transfer belt ass'y. The image is visible on the belt when stopping mid run and the image repeats every 190mm. The line itself is very faint and about 6mm wide running from front to rear thru the erase areas. It looks like a roller mark when a fuser roller is flat spot but again, it shows on the transfer belt pre-fuser.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

mrwho
11-06-2010, 12:32 AM
If you could scan and post some examples it'd be easier to understand your problem.

I'd guess you got lines on all colours - you probably say "no yellow" because thin yellow lines on white paper are hard to spot (one way of being sure would be to try some dark coloured paper to check if there are indeed yellow lines or not).

Does it happen on copies and prints? Only copies? Only prints?

Check if the time, date and serial numbers are input onto the machine. Check the controller connection to the machine.

These are only best-guesses, as I said a scan of the problem would help.

Stirton.M
11-06-2010, 12:41 AM
It could very well be the PRCB has failed in some way or another.

But I agree with mrwho, a scanned image of the problem would best explain what you are seeing.

Custom Search