PDA

View Full Version : bh600 CF card reformat

Custom Search

bronco31
11-06-2010, 05:41 PM
anybody ever reformat the 2 CF cards to VXWorks? (i dont want to spend the 350 bucks to buy the cards from Konica preformatted)

theres a procedure using Hyperteminal on SSD that i followed to a t ( CFPAT then VXFORMAT commands, all goes well) and then reloaded base firmware 10 .. to no avail (copier never boots, just a blue screen)
the top Image board uses a 32mb the lower System board uses a 128mb card

can i copy the base files from a Hyperterminal session?

thx all...

Guy

mascan42
11-06-2010, 07:50 PM
It's possible the card itself is corrupted - I've seen that happen on more than one occasion.

HuronMan
11-07-2010, 02:30 AM
I've never had to "reformat" the cards but I have had to reload from base to fix a corrupt file for a few different reasons. I don't know if hyperterminal will work but you can remove the cards from the machine, put them in a reader and attached to your pc. They say to cut and paste the files from the cards, then unzip the base file on your pc and copy the base files to the cards. You'll be at base 10. Then flash up to desired level with your usb drive. And like mascan said, the card could be bad. Maybe do a scan on them first.

bronco31
11-07-2010, 05:27 AM
the cards are missing! so i had to swap them out with 32 and 128 MB flash cards.. but of course they need to be formatted in the VXWorks style... theres a procedure on Konica SSD Knowledge base.. it all went according to the instructions but still no bootup.. to buy the official cards from Konica is close to 350 dollars... (they look like your basic CF cards)...

amazing the level of engineering expertise we're expected to be at to troubleshoot and repair modern MFPs !!!

thx all..
Guy

Custom Search