PDA

View Full Version : C250 grinding noise from black developing driving gears

Custom Search

mrwho
11-08-2010, 03:21 PM
We've got a C250 which makes a hell of a noise (grinding type) from the gears on the machine driving the black developing unit. We confirmed that it is so because the black developing unit doesn't turn (and the CMY ones do) and the black copies come out almost white since the mag roller doesn't turn.

The tricky part is that we dismantled the whole machine and we can't find anything wrong. All the wheels look good and I even grabbed the whole unit, assembled it and turned it by hand while giving power to the developing clutch to see if I could reproduce it, but no such luck.

Anyone got this problem who can lend a hint?

Cheers!

YouthAttack
11-11-2010, 02:50 PM
i had a c250 with a noise coming from the waste toner auger part of the machine. me and a senior tech dismantled it and the customer got a loaner machine because that thing never worked after dismantling it. you sure its just not an imaging unit is hard to turn or something?

mrwho
11-11-2010, 03:04 PM
We're still waiting for parts to check, but it seems like it's some worn out gears at the lower left of the machine (when looking from behind), between the two clutches (the paper feed clutch and the black dev clutch). As soon as we replace them, I'll give some feedback.

Thanks for the tip!

oluwatope333
09-04-2020, 02:59 PM
We're still waiting for parts to check, but it seems like it's some worn out gears at the lower left of the machine (when looking from behind), between the two clutches (the paper feed clutch and the black dev clutch). As soon as we replace them, I'll give some feedback.

Thanks for the tip!
Your feedback will be of great help to me now! thanks

Custom Search