PDA

View Full Version : konica 7145 with a j11 jam

Custom Search

ctech81
11-08-2010, 04:12 PM
I have already replaced the rollers and reassemblied everthing. I know have jams on every other page. I am not really familar with the machine. I do have service manual and done everthing it said to replace it correctly. I am guessing it might be flagging or pushing the paper up proper in the cassette. I was wondering if any one new what might be causing it?

thank you
Ctech81

kingarthur
11-08-2010, 04:26 PM
first thing i'd try, is the paper in tray 1 set A4 or A4R, if it's A4 & the customer uses A4R, then set that tray up as A4R, it works most times. have you adjusted the timing using the softswitches, it's been a while since i had to do this, and cant remember the setting, but it gives the m/c a bit longer to feed before throwing an error code, the shaft that went through the first feed tyre was made thicker, so if it's the a thin one you need to change that.does the m/c make a grating noise when feeding, if so change ALL 4 gears, the intermediary gear, which is made up of 2 pieces has a habit of "twisting" itself, again depending on whether its a new or old type, this then causes it to bind on the shaft. If the spring is worn on the first feed gear this will cause a problem, one solution was to shorten it slightly,if all else fails then try a factory reset, sometimes this has to be done if the softswitch has been changed, cos it can cause more problems, but if you do carry this out, dont forget you have to carry out the L-detect again, also dont forget to set up the double click for A3, as otherwise the customer will be effectively be getting free copies when copying A3.

mrwho
11-08-2010, 04:29 PM
Check the gears that drive the rollers on the back of the machine. This is specially valid if you notice some cracking noises when attempting to feed paper. Mainly the ones with the part numbers 26NA1681 and 26NA16310.

ctech81
11-08-2010, 04:31 PM
I am using 8 1/2 by 11 R and it seem like it either doesnt feed at all get stuck at initial fed saying that it didnt get there in time

minimerlin
11-08-2010, 08:15 PM
I agree that the gears at the rear cause problems, + the tray paper settings, did you fit the feed rollers the correct way round? What about the sep roller torroid spring?

ctech81
11-08-2010, 09:38 PM
i am now getting intermittent jamming and sometime getting stuck in a series of jams. It will not run more than one. is posibble for the lift arm to cause this problem. The tray setting are correct and are not the issue. The sep roller torriod spring is fine. What appears to happen is that wen the paper is feed. The rollers seem to cease up every time it jams. However a follow tech in my company swears it can not be a gear in the back due to the fact that once in the while it works. I am not very in experienced in konica and Have only been in the business of copier repair for at least 1 1/2 years. Anyways I guess my next step if I can get any further is to open the back up.

minimerlin
11-08-2010, 09:49 PM
Does this unit make a bad noise when it tries to feed?

spock
11-09-2010, 10:47 AM
yup i would start with the feed gears on the back of the machine usually you will find chipped teeth floating around on the chassis below if they have let go. Have you changed the pickup roller aswell?

it can still easily be a gear as the machine can work with them damaged then hit a bad spot every now and then, duplex prints will usually give it away very quickly. It is a very common problem and if it is found clean the shaft for the pickup roller as it it will be dragging down the gear and snapping it.

copytechman
11-09-2010, 12:02 PM
Seconding gears in back, especially if the tray tires check out ok.. can cause no end of issues! Does it only jam from tray one or both 1 and 2?

Regards!
A.

SAR
11-10-2010, 05:45 PM
Because of feed gear breakage in earlier models, Konica applied grease to all of the feed gears in the back of the machine and also greased up the pickup roller shaft. Over time that grease hardens and gets dust, toner, etc in it and bogs down the drive which causes the jams. If you are getting J11-00 or J11-01 codes it's probably that hardened grease thats causing it. Check the gears and pickup roller shaft for that grease and if it's there clean it out of the gears or replace them. This has made a huge difference in eliminating jamming issues for us with these machines.

ctech81
11-12-2010, 03:07 PM
found it was the gears but I have no parts man does anyone can help out

mrwho
11-12-2010, 03:35 PM
found it was the gears but I have no parts man does anyone can help out

If you need part numbers, PM me your email addy.

Custom Search