PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous windows 7 drivers

Custom Search

kopykatky
11-10-2010, 01:20 AM
I have a C6500 in a print shop he updated his computer to windows 7 64bit and i cannot find a driver for it and Konica said there is not one for it yet dose anyone have a work around

copytechman
11-10-2010, 01:45 AM
Try the vista 64 bit or xp 64 bit one if there is one.. win 7 can be pretty flexible in that regard, which rip does it have?

Regards!
A.

dogsbody
11-10-2010, 01:47 AM
Most of my production colour customers don't use the print driver, they import straight into Command Workstation and set the job up there. That will work for PDF and PS files but any unsupported file, like word or excell will not be processed. These may have to be printed to PDF first, then imported into CWS. CWS5 supports drag and drop so you can just drop it into the print queue, right click for properties and then print.

Not the most elegant of solutions but will work.

Cheers.

Just had a look on the KM site there is a Vista 64 bit driver for version 1.1a of both IC408 and IC303, that should work.

mrwho
11-10-2010, 08:24 AM
Yep, for me, as a rule of thumb, I always assume Vista drivers will work on 7.

Mr Spock
11-10-2010, 01:18 PM
The controller has to be up to date on its version then run the 64 vista driver. Just updated an ic-408 to version 2.0 and used the vista 64 (1.1a ps) driver and it worked like a charm. Updating the ic408 was a pain (took three tries to get the software loaded with 45 minute reboot each time to see it it took). But I had an issue with the 64 bit pcl driver not working at all.

danieltron
12-10-2010, 08:15 PM
In the windows 7

mrwho
12-10-2010, 08:28 PM
In the windows 7

Yes

Stirton.M
12-14-2010, 05:57 AM
If it is the IC-408 v.1.1 system...

Konica Minolta Knowlegebase (http://207.194.48.151/intranet2/browse.php?sess=0&parent=5469&expand=1&order=name&sortname=ASC)

IC-303 and IC-305 v1.1

Support & Drivers Search Results | Product: IC-305 (http://onyxftp.mykonicaminolta.com/download/SearchResults.aspx?productid=1051)

According to the last link, the file is fully compatible, in spite of the vista moniker. I have Win7 x64 on my laptop and use both drivers (both embedded and pro fiery) without issue.

If I recall, updating the fiery system code, the updated driver package is one of the updates, along with the user software cd that goes with the installer package. I have drivers installed on the laptop to cover system code 2 and 3 on the IC-303.

Stirton.M
12-14-2010, 06:13 AM
Updating the ic408 was a pain (took three tries to get the software loaded with 45 minute reboot each time to see it it took). But I had an issue with the 64 bit pcl driver not working at all.

I know what you mean about this routine...it is almost an art to get this to work without problems. I finally said the hell with that routine, set up all my fiery controllers, different versions of system codes (some customers don't want the latest)...and then imaged all those drives using Acronis. Takes roughly 15 minutes to push an image onto a drive using a USB universal drive adaptor (this one can do IDE PATA and SATA laptop and desktop drives)...and the nice thing with that setup, I don't even need to remove the drive from the device, just open the cover, disconnect the drive and plug in my adaptor and I am good to go. No futsing around for a couple hours doing setup. All the images are fully patched (a couple updates need be done, but nothing like a fresh install)...as I said, 15 minutes....takes a 2-3 hour job and compresses it inside of a half hour.

Mr Spock
12-14-2010, 07:14 PM
If I had the room on my laptop I would do that. They gave me a laptop (dell) with a 120g drive and with 30 gigs of manuals and 30 gigs of firmware does not leave any room for images of fiery hard drives..... I also have a 30 gig vm win 7 on here for when I need to play with windows 7.

Stirton.M
12-14-2010, 11:45 PM
Nuts....yer options are rather limited...that said, nothing stopping you (I think, from my own personal experience) from doing a drive swap on the fly for times when you need it...the dells are reasonably easy to pull the drives....but I ditched the Dell I was given...not because it was a bad laptop, but because the battery in it was crap, I was lucky if I got an hour out of it. I do not always have the luxury of a spare plug on some of the machines I visit...so the power cord cannot always be used...so I went out and bought an ASUS 1005PE Netbook...250gb drive in it, 13 hours battery life (more than enough for a typical day). I keep the cord for those rare moments when the battery prematurely dies on me...I also keep a 200GB PATA 3.5 drive that contains a copy of all those images. Incidently, Acronis compresses the drive images...an IC 303 for example is about 7.5 GB for version 3 system. I just move it to my laptop when I need it...copy it while I am opening up the fiery to get at that drive. In some cases, I simply plug in both into the drive adaptor and get the benefit of a little more performance transferring the image directly.

Mr Spock
12-14-2010, 11:53 PM
company issued laptop so I take what they give me.....
I was carrying an external usb drive but it started getting heavy.....
As to the battery, I learned a long time ago that at least every other week I kill the battery then do an overnight charge. This keeps a 2-3 hour battery charge and when I am at a machine with an extra plug I recharge. Usually the battery last all day. but then I have a 30-90 minute drive between calls.

Stirton.M
12-14-2010, 11:58 PM
Ya, I don't carry my external drive either...I keep it in the trunk box for those times I need it. Which thankfully, is not all that often. These current fiery controllers are a far cry better than those old X3e things found on a 3102 or C350....very rare for them to go south...but then again, they stopped buying the cheap crap from CANRAM, that alone was a major improvement.

mrwho
12-15-2010, 12:16 AM
My laptop's HD is quite big, and I didn't fill it up yet. Anway I keep all my stuff on a private ftp server so I access it in case I miss something or if I happen to run out of battery and don't have the charger around (yep, happens more times than I'll admit). Plus I just need to update stuff at home and then grab it when I need it.

Custom Search