PDA

View Full Version : SC45-01 on C500 Pro (continued)

Custom Search

dagoof
11-10-2010, 02:51 PM
Just thought I'd start a new thread for my on-going saga with the C500. For those who hadn't seen my last thread, I've got a well used C500 and I was getting a 45-20 from it. I can confirm the belt is ok, I put new dev in the dev unit's and all the dev gears look fine. Test charts were producing strong enough print but way out of reg and auto-adjust gave error 2.

I removed the sensor assy and cleaned the windows on PS8 & 9 and now the machine will start normally and even run (out of reg. copies) but when I try to do an auto colour adjust it gives the 45-01. I've tried the 25/3 software switch on and off. Had previously had a problem with the corana's blowing but they're ok now AFAIK. I should note PS9 looked like the window might have a scratch on it (hard to tell) - I think Coptech mentioned, but can the window be popped off or replaced?

One other thing I'm trying to confirm is how to do the manual adjust - after the chart is printed I put it on the platen and hit 'scan' on the touch screen but nothing happens :confused: I can go to the 'copy screen' and hit start but thought that can't be right?

Any help greatly appreciated :o

albasoul06
11-11-2010, 03:54 AM
Replace the black (K) write unit

dagoof
11-12-2010, 07:47 PM
Thanks Alba - just wondering what you thought points to the write unit (as opposed to the sensor)?

Could anyone tell me about the manual adjust?
TIA.

milliron
11-14-2010, 05:13 PM
I read your earlier post and sympathize with you. I got ripped off about a year ago on a c500. See my post dead c500 about 2 days ago. Thanks to the response you got on your earlier post I now know how to get mine fired up past the error code so I can continue to work on diagnosing the problems. I'm starting to think the c-500 is a money pit. Maybe if I can get the problems solved I won't feel that way. Hope you get yours working without too much more expense. By the time I change drums and developer again I will be in the copier mor that what I originally paid for it and it still may trash the drums again.

dagoof
11-14-2010, 05:29 PM
Thanks Milliron, I hope so too! Problem is I'm already in too deep so can't really afford to 'cut my losses'. I'm sure most would be horrified what I paid for this too - several thousand $$, would have been reasonable at the time had it been as described :(

sparkswillfly
11-14-2010, 05:54 PM
I have had a similar problem before with recurring 45-20 codes and it was due to the transfer belt stalling because of lack of lubrication on the cleaning blade.
Are you using an official KM dusting pouch as Katun style pouches have larger particle sizes and cause the blade to buckle.

milliron
11-14-2010, 05:55 PM
Thanks Milliron, I hope so too! Problem is I'm already in too deep so can't really afford to 'cut my losses'. I'm sure most would be horrified what I paid for this too - several thousand $$, would have been reasonable at the time had it been as described :( I gave 4500 for the c500, bought a515 finisherand have put about $3500 in parts and labor. I don't know whether to cut my losses or keep going

dagoof
11-14-2010, 06:10 PM
Not sure Sparks, how do I check? I had to swap the transfer belt because the last one got jammed after the tech put it in and crumpled on the underside. The cleaning blade on this one isn't working great (I'm going to swap the cleaning units over) but it's the 45-01 code now, not 45-20.

Milliron - not far off that myself! Was £3k (about $5-6k plus another $1K in parts so far).

Tonerjockey.com
11-15-2010, 08:38 PM
If you don't have access to a dusting pouch, you can often use yellow toner to get you by. The 45-20 code has multiple potential problems.

1. Color registration failure.
2. The shutter that covers the registration sensors PS8 or PS9 is not opening.
3. Color registration sensors have failed.
4. Failed PRCB.
5. Stripped developer gearsor binding developing unit.
6. The toner level detection sensor located inside the corresponding color toner hopper will register a false full state. The sensor itself becomes caked with toner.
7. Failed Transfer Belt Assembly.

Also, if you get to the point where you get anywhere close to breaking even on this machine. Then cut your losses and run.

Tonerjockey.com
11-15-2010, 08:43 PM
Also forgot to add, the 45-01 means that PS8 is not picking up black on the color registration. If the sensor is functioning and the shutter is working, then you likely have a bad write unit. I say likely because it is still very possible that there is another problem, such as a bad PRCB.

Good Luck.

dagoof
11-15-2010, 09:14 PM
God, this is turning into a bit of a nightmare :(

Thanks for the info - do you think, given the info in the 1st post (window might be scratched) that the sensor is more likely be the problem? I'm going to swap PS8/9 round again to see what happens.

(oh, and could anyone confirm about doing the manual adjustment).

Tonerjockey.com
11-15-2010, 09:50 PM
Window scratch is possible....but IMO, unlikely. The scratch would have to be pretty significant.

dagoof
11-15-2010, 10:05 PM
Ok, thanks TJ - hopefully swapping the sensors over should clarify if there's any issue with them or the shutters/springs.

HORSE
11-16-2010, 06:32 AM
Mate I would get a good KM tech in there someone who is in the production Print end of the business, not some one who f**ks around with fantastic plastic toy copiers all week.

dagoof
11-16-2010, 05:44 PM
Problem is Horse, I'm in Scotland and C500s are very scarce here, the first tech I got didn't have a clue. The 2nd tech I had was ex-KM and he said there was only about 5 C500s in the country (and that was a few years ago). Anyone I get isn't likely to know much (current) about the machine - better advice of you guys,though I know it's not a substitute for having someone onsite here.

Custom Search