PDA

View Full Version : C450 Multipage Scan Issue

Custom Search

PCSControls
11-10-2010, 09:50 PM
When scanning multipage documents we always end up with multiple PDF files rather than 1 PDF file with multiple pages.

Any clues on what I need to configure properly?

AyJayAreDii
11-10-2010, 09:58 PM
Assuming you have not selected a Single page PDF option on the screen. It could be possible that you not have enough Memory in the machine or have a failed hard drive. but I have had very little scanning problems with Bizhub colour boxes. Had one Mono colour machine with this problem and it was due to not having the optional extra RAM

wellconnected
11-10-2010, 11:54 PM
In the scan settings there is a function key called multiple scan set that as default
or if your scanning to email make sure your divided size is not turned on

aesthetics1
11-11-2010, 12:09 AM
There are three (or maybe more that I'm not remembering right now...) reasons why this will happen.

1. You do not have a hard drive installed in the machine, -or- you have a hard drive installed in the machine, but you do not have it enabled.

2. You have a hard drive installed and enabled, but you have not selected the "PDF, Multi-Page" Option under "Scan Settings" -> "File Type"

3. You have "Binary Division" turned ON and set to a low value that is causing the pages to split after one.

Let us know which you think is true, and get back to us so we can help you resolve it!

PCSControls
11-11-2010, 01:11 PM
We must not have a Hard Drive as I looked for #2 and that selection doesn't show up and I already turned binary division off. This brings up the next question, How does a HD get enabled if it is disabled or Can I install one myself?

aesthetics1
11-11-2010, 04:42 PM
My mistake... Upon checking out the spec sheet:

C450 Digital Color Printer/Copier/Scanner
(Includes RADF, Duplex Unit, PS & PCL Controller,
40 GB HDD and 512 MB Memory Standard)

That machine actually comes standard with a hard drive.

Single Page and Multi-Page are missing from the Scan Setting screen that appears after the File Type is selected.
Solution:
CAUSE: The hard drive is not selected or installed.

SOLUTION: Ensure that the hard drive is installed in the Tech. Mode under System 2, HDD.

Basically, you need to navigate into service mode, select "System 2," and (off the top of my head) I believe there is a button for "Installable options" or "Option," and you will need to turn the hard drive to "SET" or "Installed."

Usually, once you have done this, you will need to reset the machine. You will typically get a hard drive error code since the hard drive has not been properly formatted.

To correct this, wait until the code is displayed, give the machine a few seconds until it allows you to get back into service mode. From there, you should see "State Confirmation" on the front screen. From inside this menu, You can do a "Physical Format" (which may take some time,) followed by a "Logical Format" (which will take significantly less time.) Once you have done these simple steps, you should be able to cycle the power and no longer have the service code.

If you cannot get the code to go away and need to make copies in the meantime, simply disable the hard drive again and come back and post your results..

Good luck!

PCSControls
11-11-2010, 04:57 PM
Next question (we bought this used and didn't get much documentation....) is how do I get into service mode?

aesthetics1
11-11-2010, 05:03 PM
Press utility, press "check details" (or maybe just "details) on the left side where you see the meter count. Press Stop + 0 + 0 + Stop + 0 + 1 relatively quickly in that order.

Make sure there are no active jobs or it will not let you in!

PCSControls
11-11-2010, 05:39 PM
Thanks for the quick reply, that go me in, the HDD was indeed disabled, I'm formatting and making some progress now..

aesthetics1
11-11-2010, 05:42 PM
Great! Hope it goes well for you. Let me know.

Custom Search