PDA

View Full Version : bizhub 350 slow printing

Custom Search

beano
11-11-2010, 12:49 PM
just got done paying about $600 for a hd for a bizhub 350 to be installed being told that it will help print pdf faster it doesn't any clue what i can do here a list of things that i did so far (1 page) TAKES ABOUT 4 MINS TO PRINT OUT
1 flashed copier to 80verison
2 added hd
3 change copier default to printer
4 went in the file options and switch to print to image
5 And wasted a ton of money doing all this crap!!!!!!

rajeevminolta
11-11-2010, 12:53 PM
Hi,

Please tell how much is the size of your file(PDF

beano
11-11-2010, 01:03 PM
it doesn't matter 45 kb or 80 mb

BIG PAPA
11-11-2010, 01:06 PM
Which driver are you using, have you downloaded most recent? Do you just use one(PCL vs PS) if so, default the PDL setting on the machine to match. How is the driver setup? Local vs network. What about your spool settings?

beano
11-11-2010, 01:07 PM
it doesn't matter but this 1 was 27.1 kb

rajeevminolta
11-11-2010, 01:10 PM
hi Do u try installing the printer in another system

beano
11-11-2010, 01:58 PM
i used both drivers pcl ps i also hooked it up with my laptop with a cross over cable no difference what do you mean about spooling i have it setup to print as the job comes in

BIG PAPA
11-11-2010, 02:33 PM
On the machine set your PDL to match the driver you are using, helps alitlle. On the driver side look at your spool settings. Try printing directly to machine instead of spooling. Is it set for LPR or RAW formats?

Mr Spock
11-12-2010, 12:30 AM
Under the print click the advanced options (bottom left) and then click print as image. This will cause a slight processing delay at the pc but usually prints faster.

beano
11-12-2010, 12:35 AM
its set to raw

mdavin
11-12-2010, 04:26 PM
When you print the PDF where is the hang? Is it in when adobe is processing the PDF? Is it in the print spooler on the pc or is it in the print queue on the machine?

If its when adobe is processing the PDF than the PDF is large or the PC is slow its not the machine as the job has not even hit the copier.

next you want to check the spooler/queue to see how fast the documents being transferred to the printer. Set your port settings to LPR and a queue name of print this will make it so that when you print it will show you the 0/0 of data transferred to the machine in the print spooler on the PC. If the data rate seems slow I would check that the machine is on 100m-full and not 10m-half than test again if it is still slow test from another pc if still slow I would than test with a crossover to eliminate any network issues than I would take the document to my office and print it to the same model and see how long it takes if it takes the same amount of time the machines fine if there is a noticeable difference I would consider swapping the nic on the machine keeping the original nvmram and the other mem chips with the machine.

If adobe processes the job quickly than the job is spooled over to the copier quickly and the job hangs in the machines memory itself than I would swap the printer memory.
These are the steps I would take to trouble shoot a print issue in the field. With hundreds 350's 250's 222's 362's and NEC equivalents I have yet had an issue where slow printing was actually the machines fault. Not saying it won't happen but im sceptical to belive its the machine. These machines are kinda slow to print PDF's but all the ones I have are in spec. The HD doesn't really speed up the process just gives the machine more spooling space which on large documents can speed it up because the machine no longer needs to wait for memory to be free to accept more data from the PC. Also changing the bizhub mode to printer doesn't really speed it up it just tells the machine to print the pages as they come instead of waiting till all the pages are received. It Gives you the ilusion its faster but in all the print job will complete in the same amount of time.

spock
11-13-2010, 10:06 AM
Has it ever been fast on the machine? The Bizub 250/350 range were well known to be very slow at spooling PDF's due to the old Minolta print controller. This was rectified in the newer "3" series machines with the color LCD's. We had many deals riding on the new model coming out as the older ones put people off.

Custom Search