PDA

View Full Version : bizhub pro c500 cratering drums

Custom Search

milliron
11-13-2010, 12:45 AM
I have a c 500 purchased about a year ago. I was told the drums had been replaced. Started having problems and my tech assumed that the counter had been reset without changing the drums. He changed drums, developer, coronas, and I think we changed the transfer belt. Printed fine. This is a small office and 100k copies would take about 3 years. I ran some campaign flyers for my wife and at about 10k started having problems. Ran about 20k and it was painting the background on the sheets a pale yellow. Tech came out and said the new drums are hammered like they already ran 100k. I have been able to go into the 36 mode and reset drum potential and get good copies but now it shuts down on SC 29-11. I have had 28-03, 29-07 and E 56-02. I told the tech I would be willing to replace the drums again but only if I could first determine why the failure at low count. I would guess that the drums were new when I purchased the machine but the problem was ongoing. I don"t want to throw parts at it unless I know what is causing the premature failure and can correct that problem also. Help and Thanks,

Custom Search