PDA

View Full Version : Dead Machine Bizhub pro c500 drums

Custom Search

milliron
11-13-2010, 04:25 PM
Posted this but it disappeared? Bought used about a year ago for a small office. Supposed to have low count on drums. My tech replaced drums, developer, etc in August. Ran about 10k copies and drums were showing extensive wear like they ran 100k. My tech doesn't seem to know what is causing the premature failure and I don't want to throw another $2500 at it until I know what the problem is. The machine is now down on a repeated Sc29-11 process abnormality. I have had a sc28-03 twice on start up. I was able to do a recall standard date on 36 mode and get good copies but now I am shut down on the reoccuring sc29-11. Help and thanks

Tonerjockey.com
11-15-2010, 08:14 PM
Well, this isn't good news. These machines are very expensive to run and from my experience on half a dozen of these machines, they do not run well with short runs. It is very common that we would have to change drums after 30k copies and have had problems with grooves developing on the upper fuser roller that requires replacement after a few thousand. Plus it is common for the duplex control board to fail and the color is difficult to keep stable. It is a labor intensive and the parts are costly. The PM cycles on this model are also pretty low, 100K. So if you paid $2500 for the drums and everything ran to life, then your cost per click is .025 or .05 for an 11X17. That's a lot for just drums.
I heartily recommend that you find a B to C color machine like a Konica Minolta C652. We've had several customers that switched to that model and it is far, far more friendly to a small office environment and the consumables in it can be changed by a savvy user. There are multiple options out there. Honestly unless you are in a heavy production environment, this is probably no the machine for you.

milliron
11-15-2010, 09:58 PM
Thanks, I think I will try to get everything working correctly and then sell. I hate to sell something that is not fixed. I guess I'm not like the guy that sold it to me. I will look into the 652.

Custom Search