PDA

View Full Version : update GW controller board For Mp171spf

Custom Search

Gesttech
11-14-2010, 05:16 AM
HI

I wanted information about Gw controller Board For MP 171spf, i would like to know how to update or flash Gw printer/scanner/fax controller board not BICU. i set Sp 5824 for upload on flash card, but it fail. For that i wanted help.

Help PLS:confused:

Thanks

Cipher
11-14-2010, 11:09 AM
Create a directory on a sd card called 'romdata' and transfer the firmware (.fwu) files over to that directory.
Insert the sd card into the top sd slot on the controller and turn the MFD on, follow the onscreen instructions.

*Note, large sd cards may not work.

NeoMatrix
11-15-2010, 08:45 AM
Cipher is correct : large SD Cards do not work.You will need a 512Mb SD card or smaller....

I have a simple batch file program that extracts only the *.fwu files from the firmware *.zip and *.exe files and stores them on the
SD card under the "romdata" directory. If you want it I can post it to the forum. It's a simple text program so don't worry about viruses or any thing like that. You can config the batch file for your own needs.

You will need the command line Zip-7.exe extractor program free download off the net.
Download 7-Zip from SourceForge.net (http://sourceforge.net/projects/sevenzip/files/7-Zip/4.65/7za465.zip/download)

Set the unzip.bat up on a desktop shortcut or run the batch file from dos window and all the firmware.zip/exe files are multi-processed in one move onto the SD card. It's Good if your always in a hurry like me....

GDM

rsyarcia
11-15-2010, 10:03 AM
Or you can use the WIM to update the firmware remotely. Use the .rfu extension.

Select Configuration �� Device Settings ��Firmware Update (ROM Update on older devices) the browse for the firmware path.
Check where you can see on MP 171 the WIM firmware update option.

ponto700
11-15-2010, 12:31 PM
1 GB sd card also work... tested by me in one 161 and on Aficio 3030.

rsyarcia
11-15-2010, 12:33 PM
that's good!!

Custom Search