PDA

View Full Version : NVRAM

Custom Search

CKiiza
11-15-2010, 12:10 PM
I have these two machines a C253nd C450; the NVRAMS are faulty and the machines are not able to boot fully. I have change MFP boards from other machines along with their NVRAMS and the machines booted well. I know for certain that the problem is with the NVRAM. Tried to upgrade firmware but in vain. Is there a way to particularly rewrite data to the NVRAM or how to deal with such problems with the NVRAM?

emujo
11-15-2010, 12:49 PM
Hope this can help, if you need particular firmware, let me know. Emujo

CKiiza
11-17-2010, 06:02 AM
Thank you so much. This is very helpful info. I'm currently downloading the firmware for C450 but I can't seem to find the one for C253. Can u please send it to me?

Secondly Does C350 have an NVRAM board?
If the data to the Board is written appropriately, can the NVRAM hardware be interchangable between models?

Stirton.M
11-17-2010, 06:59 AM
Short answer...no.

Swapping the NVRAM from one machine to another is strictly taboo. For troubleshooting, this is ok.

The C350 to my knowledge is a different beast, in spite of visually looking similar to the C450.

You can get replacement NVRAM from KM support. You will likely have to involve a certified tech from KM to make things happen however.

TheOwl
11-18-2010, 05:37 AM
Stirton is right about the NVRAM being different again on the C350. The MFP Boards and firmware run off a different architecture.

If you can get into trouble reset mode then you can jump into service mode from there. You can then try to recover the NVRAM using service mode. If all else fails, then Stirton is right again that you will have to get a certified tech involved to do the Konica Minolta paper work for getting another NVRAM.

CKiiza
03-02-2011, 02:25 PM
Been having troble with these NVRAMS lately, particularly due to spikes.
Been thinking, can't I do recovery of the C203 NVram in a C450 machine then just switch it back and reinstall C203 Firmware in a C203 machine?
That's because there isn't recovery firmware for C203 or atleast I haven't found it in the list of firmware for C203.
Pardon me for the crazyness!!!! Just thinking

DCPS
03-04-2011, 08:22 AM
Been thinking, can't I do recovery of the C203 NVram in a C450 machine then just switch it back and reinstall C203 Firmware in a C203 machine?
That's because there isn't recovery firmware for C203 or atleast I haven't found it in the list of firmware for C203.

No you can't do that. NVRAMs are not the same. And why should you? There is already the right NVRAM FW for C203. If you have access to KM then you should be able to find it.

Stirton.M
03-04-2011, 01:57 PM

Ditto to the other response about access to the support site of KM, the NVRAM recovery tool is available there.

As for the power problem, it is highly recommended that you install power conditioners on this series of machine. We do this as a mandatory part of sales, no machine goes out without one if it can be helped. The machines that have one installed with them almost never have any issues. The exception is in extreme conditions like if the power to the building cuts out, even then the machines are usually easily recovered.

CKiiza
03-07-2011, 06:46 AM
I have searched on infohub and all i find is special and mas production firmware nothing in particular like
NV Ram recovery for C203. which one is it exactly?

DCPS
03-07-2011, 08:15 AM
I have searched on infohub and all i find is special and mas production firmware nothing in particular like
NV Ram recovery for C203. which one is it exactly?

On Infohub search for DLBT0802274EN00. In your case C203 FW would be A02E0Y0-F000-GEQ-J8(00).EXE

CKiiza
04-06-2011, 08:50 AM
Thanks for the Help there.
I later found out that in Infohub it's in the CSES of which in my account it is not enabled.
So is there a possibilty that someone out there can send me this file "C203 FW A02E0Y0-F000-GEQ-J8(00).EXE "?

mailderrick
11-02-2013, 08:02 PM
Stirton is right about the NVRAM being different again on the C350. The MFP Boards and firmware run off a different architecture.

If you can get into trouble reset mode then you can jump into service mode from there. You can then try to recover the NVRAM using service mode. If all else fails, then Stirton is right again that you will have to get a certified tech involved to do the Konica Minolta paper work for getting another NVRAM.

2 questions on this topic. The guy i go to for advice has been with Konica Minolta for ..i don't even know how long.... i would guess close to 30 years. He always has the answers and seems to know everything about everything i have ever had to ask him.

I mention this because i had this very discussion with him the other day and he said you can change NVRAM from one machine to another. He has never steered me in a wrong direction before so why would he say yes and the guys here say no?
Also when i was in tech rep mode i do not recall seeing anywhere where you can rewrite the NVRAM or initialize it. I would love to get clarification on both of these as i am really curious now.
Thank you
Derrick

Synaux
11-03-2013, 07:53 AM
2 questions on this topic. The guy i go to for advice has been with Konica Minolta for ..i don't even know how long.... i would guess close to 30 years. He always has the answers and seems to know everything about everything i have ever had to ask him.

I mention this because i had this very discussion with him the other day and he said you can change NVRAM from one machine to another. He has never steered me in a wrong direction before so why would he say yes and the guys here say no?
Also when i was in tech rep mode i do not recall seeing anywhere where you can rewrite the NVRAM or initialize it. I would love to get clarification on both of these as i am really curious now.
Thank you
Derrick

You flash the nvram...there is nothing to do in SM regarding this. Sorry, but even if you are using your friend's account, there is plenty of documentation that will steer you toward success. If you really cannot find the info pm me...
You can exchange NVRAM for testing purposes, as you have been informed.

TheOwl
11-03-2013, 09:58 PM

Thank you
Derrick

I am pretty sure that your contact would have ment that you can swap the NVRAM from one C350 to another C350 or what ever other like machine. The NVRAM is written so that it understands what type of machine it is connected to so NVRAM from a C450 in another machine causes confusion as the NVRAM is correctly connected to the machine it thinks it is installed in.

Also, the original question here was "Can you swap an MFP Board and NVRAM from a C350 into a C450". To start with, the MFP boards are different, but anyway.

Hope that clears that up for you.

bandula
01-15-2014, 04:42 AM
hai if u can send me nv ram recovery tool for biz hub 252 it would be great full help thanks my e mail[ bandula78@gmail.com]

Jimthecopierwrench
02-01-2014, 02:26 AM
I seem to recall the C-350 still using the old style Dallas NVRAM/real time clock which was a (28 pin?) plastic DIP format, no? (Or did they end at the CF-2002 and I'm mistaken??) Which means that part of the question is moot as they will not physically fit the 351/450. On the other hand they were easy to read and write with many EPROM programmers.

Other NV boards were indeed physically compatible - it was really all about the connector. Electronically, they're pretty straightforward devices - SRAM, a real time clock, and a power management watchdog.

Physically compatible means that they were electronically identical - but not necessarily the contents.

The reciprocal function of the NVRAM backup is the key sequence Stop-07139-clear, only available upon specific mismatch conditions and D/E codes.

Upon this sequence, the MFP loads it's NVRAM copy TO the NVRAM. Counters should remain intact.

Gino_21665
02-06-2014, 11:21 AM

Hi Emujo, im a noob regarding this forum however i have an issue with a KM I223 and last check is Firmware could you possibly send me the latest ver for the Ineo 223

Regards
Gino

sbus
03-29-2014, 07:46 PM
A coupla things about Bizhub NVRAM (specifically the C351/C450):

1. You can take the controller off another machine, put THIS machines NVRAM board on it, install it, and test; if it works, it is NOT the NVRAM that's bad. I just had a C450 that hung at the hourglass when powered on, a classic NVRAM symptom. But it was NOT the NVRAM; I took the controller off another C450, put the 'bad' NVRAM module on it, and stuck it in the machine that wouldn't come up - it came up fine. Turned out to be a bad MFPC board, NOT the NVRAM. Bought one on eBay for $99 and the machine works like a champ.

2. The NVRAM modules usually die because the backup battery on them goes bad. (1) you can buy the battery online for about $12. (2) The original battery is a Sanyo CR17335SE-FT. The "FT" is the three-pin version. It's a 3V 1800mAh lithium battery. (3) You can substitute any 3V lithium battery that can deliver 1800mAh or higher. If you use a battery that has wire leads you can just solder the wires onto the NVRAM board. (4) If you don't use the original 3-pin battery, you may have to figure out how to physically attach the battery so it wouldn't fall off. I've used RTV to glue a battery onto the board. (5) After you replace the battery, you then can use the NVRAM card (see bulletin 5783) to reinitialize the NVRAM, since when you remove the old battery (or if it was completely dead) the contents of the NVRAM are erased/scrambled. (6) BE CAREFUL WITH BATTERY POLARITY. If you wire the battery backwards you can damage the NVRAM chip.

3. The NVRAM chip itself almost NEVER goes bad - it's almost ALWAYS the battery - unless you install a battery backwards.

4. Shelf life of the battery (before it is installed) is typically 10 years; but I won't install a battery with a date code that's more than 2 years old. CHECK THE BATTERY DATE CODE. You can purchase fresh ones from mouser.com, digikey.com, alliedelectric.com, batteryspecialties.com, etc. Ebay is risky (unless it's a battery company) since many of the batteries sold on ebay are old stock - unused, but maybe 5 years old or older. ASK for the date code before you buy. If you aren't worried about using the original, you can get a 3V 1800mAH or 3V 200mAh lithium backup battery at Frys. The battery size (of the original) is 2/3AA; a BR2/3AA battery will work IF it's a 3V battery, and IF it's rated 1800mAh or higher. A lot of them are 1400mAh - they will work, but don't last nearly as long.

Custom Search