PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 "Account not Valid" printing on C451

Custom Search

cojohnso
11-16-2010, 12:13 AM
Hi, I'm new to this board and am investigating an "Account not valid" error on PCs running Windows 7 (32-bit) All other workstations run fine with the same Account Tracking profile and number. This seems to be true with any Windows driver new or existing Vista driver.

I'm guessing this has been discussed by now, but unable to find any significant help.

Any ideas? Firmware?

Thanks!

nmfaxman
11-16-2010, 03:03 AM
Can't be the copier. All other workstations print.
Check the permissions setting for the printer driver on that workstation.

As always....................................

aesthetics1
11-16-2010, 06:22 PM
Make sure you have specified the MODEL under the printer properties window. If it is set to C550, C650, etc, you can sometimes get this error.

Make sure you are using the correct print driver.

Not much else will cause this.

Stirton.M
11-17-2010, 06:36 AM
quite likely the port is not configured to Raw 9100 with SNMP enabled. Or the driver is not seeing the options correctly. Both should be checked accordingly. It is part in parcel of what aestetics1 mentions.

cojohnso
11-17-2010, 09:00 PM
None of this helps. If I try to install I get "MFP not supported" when installing from the sertup32.exe. This may be due to my PC on a different VLan, however I am able to run Command Workstation to see the printer jobs. I believe if I run the install on a machine on the same network segment the install passes but again with the "Account not Auth" error. This is only happening with Windows 7. I have read that the firmware has to be to a certain version to accomindate Windows 7 drivers.

So far my few days experience with BizHubs is not good.

aesthetics1
11-17-2010, 10:19 PM
Install the printer manually without using the setup32.exe. Chances are you are using the setup disc or the universal driver. Install the printer with the latest available NON-UNIVERSAL print driver from km's site, and get back to us.

Stirton.M
11-18-2010, 09:48 AM
None of this helps. If I try to install I get "MFP not supported" when installing from the sertup32.exe. This may be due to my PC on a different VLan, however I am able to run Command Workstation to see the printer jobs. I believe if I run the install on a machine on the same network segment the install passes but again with the "Account not Auth" error. This is only happening with Windows 7. I have read that the firmware has to be to a certain version to accomindate Windows 7 drivers.

So far my few days experience with BizHubs is not good.

Well, no wonder you are having trouble.

Command workstation is an interface program for a fiery controller.

You are using a driver for the mainbody, NOT the fiery.

Use the fiery driver. Unfortunately this requires manually setting up the driver, as there is no wizard installer to streamline the process.

Use the driver that is available on the fiery itself. To access the files, you can use the web interface. Open up a browser, preferably IE, though firefox will work in some situations. Mac Safari is absolutely out of the question if you need to install on a mac, it is incompatible with the webtool.

Type the IP address of the device. You will see a blue icon that represents the fiery...click on that. From there, a popup window should appear. You should see a tab that will allow you to download the driver files from the controller.

You can access the drivers also from KM online, but there is always a possibility you may obtain the incorrect driver or a wrong version. Downloading the driver directly from the fiery controller itself will ensure the driver is both the correct one for the model AND the correct version to match the system version of the fiery itself.

aesthetics1
11-18-2010, 04:09 PM
Well, no wonder you are having trouble.

Command workstation is an interface program for a fiery controller.

You are using a driver for the mainbody, NOT the fiery.

Use the fiery driver. Unfortunately this requires manually setting up the driver, as there is no wizard installer to streamline the process.

Use the driver that is available on the fiery itself. To access the files, you can use the web interface. Open up a browser, preferably IE, though firefox will work in some situations. Mac Safari is absolutely out of the question if you need to install on a mac, it is incompatible with the webtool.

Type the IP address of the device. You will see a blue icon that represents the fiery...click on that. From there, a popup window should appear. You should see a tab that will allow you to download the driver files from the controller.

You can access the drivers also from KM online, but there is always a possibility you may obtain the incorrect driver or a wrong version. Downloading the driver directly from the fiery controller itself will ensure the driver is both the correct one for the model AND the correct version to match the system version of the fiery itself.

correct-o.

The driver you download from the fiery will work.

Tonerjockey.com
11-18-2010, 06:32 PM
Huh...I never tried running account track through a fiery....will that work?

Stirton.M
11-19-2010, 05:47 AM
Yes.

Custom Search