PDA

View Full Version : KM DI 2510 fusing problems

Custom Search

adecanmin
11-17-2010, 02:30 PM
Gentlemen.

My first post. Machine worked great up to this point. If you make a copy some portions of the page can be rubbed off. If I do a sky shot I'm able to smear some parts of the page and other parts I cannot. What I have done so far is turn the fuser heat up to 4. No change. I replaced fuser with new one. No improvement. It seems as though the machine is not generating enough fuser heat. No fuser codes. If I run the copy through twice the print is fused. If I put copy paper in multipurpose tray and set it for envelope mode it will fuse properly. If I run a copy from the regular paper tray I can sometimes get one that is fused. This machine has no way to monitor the fuser temps. I checked outlet voltage and it is 120volts. Maybe a firmware update? I never done a firmware update on this series. I hope its easy to update if needed. This problem has me stumped.

Adrien

fixthecopier
11-17-2010, 10:41 PM
to update the firmware on this, open the slot on the right side of the scanner, to access the MFB, pull the card and write the new firmware on the card and reinsert it.

adecanmin
11-18-2010, 12:45 AM
Thanks. I'll try that.

Adrien

Custom Search