PDA

View Full Version : Error Code Bizhub C352 Faxing issue.

Custom Search

Brischaffer
11-22-2010, 02:45 PM
I have a C352 that will only send faxes. It will not receive any faxes. I keep getting a protocall Error. I made sure all the settings were set for "US" but it won't receive anything. Has anyone seen this problem before???? Thanks in advance!!!

Brian

mo0651
11-22-2010, 10:01 PM
It only needs an active phone line to send. To receive it must have the correct phone #. Does the machine pick up? Does it acknowledge that it is being called? Plug in a test phone and see if it rings. Use another fax to test the line. What else have you done? Save all your one touch addresses and boxes and reformat the HDD.

Tonerjockey.com
11-23-2010, 12:22 AM
A couple of other things to check since you are actually getting a protocol error.
1. Did you check the phone line for noise?
2. Is it an analog line? many phone lines are digital now and this can cause problems.
3. Does it happens with ALL other fax machines?

Stirton.M
11-23-2010, 12:15 PM
I agree with Tonerjockey, if sending is fine, there is likely another issue with receiving. It "might" be the machine, though I have my doubts. There could be a conflict with that phone line if it is controlled through a PBX system for example. Keep in mind also that KM does not officially support VOIP, so if that is your connection, you may need to set certain settings on the machine. Bear in mind, that is not guaranteed, and as I said, not supported. If that is the case, let us know.

Reduce the transmission speed from 33.6K baud to 28.8 or 14.4.

Also, ensure the wire plugged into the device is a two wire conductor. 4 wire will sometimes work, but not always...the two wire cord is supplied by KM...

Cord length is also a factor. The longer the cord, the higher the likelihood that line noise will cause issue. Line noise can be as simple as RF induction from any AC source to any unshielded network connection. Oxidized connections throughout can introduce this as well. Multiple connectors (two or more short cords connected in series with little adaptors) or some of those multi-port adaptors that allow you to connect more than one phone device to the port.

Speaking of which, if your fax is sharing that line at all with another device, split them. Mailer machines (prepaid postage devices) can daisy chain through the fax port on the machine, much better than using a multiple connector on the wall.

Also, if you have a DSL connection and have one of those line filters on the fax device, remove it. It is not necessary and could likely cause issues with the outgoing signal. These devices are meant only for voice related devices, they filter out a frequency that can be heard as a hum on the line. That filtering can interfere with the fax signal itself.

Custom Search