PDA

View Full Version : HP 9850 MFP-KM 8050 identical parts ?

Custom Search

sanimir
11-23-2010, 09:07 AM
Hello team.
interested me whether the parts of the HP 9850 MFP identical to those on the KM 8050th
If not all, can you tell me that match. in fact I have a friend agent for HP printers that we can bargain to get all the 9850th
Thank

mrwho
11-23-2010, 10:00 AM
The best way of doing that would be to have both model's parts catalog and compare.

Stirton.M
11-23-2010, 12:32 PM
I'm going to go outright an say yes and no.

Some items may be similar, but different enough that if you tried to put them in, you would not be able to.

Not having seen the HP personally, though I am familiar with the C500 and the C8050 (same machine in fact), I cannot say for certain. But based on experience with an Ikon C650 (re-marked KM C6500), the differences are subtle. Toner bottle is different, as well as the entire hopper assembly. A co-worker and I are trying to obtain all the parts to change the Ikon's hopper unit to accept KM OEM bottles. It is not a simple job to say the least. Most of the rest so far seems compatible, but we have yet to deal with the machine on a software level (changing any major boards), though it has been discussed here that this will be problematic. A road we will cross when the time comes.

Suffice to say, you may get away with the PM kit parts, maybe the drum units and charge units...possibly the feed and separation tires...

But I should caution you. Just because you can get a deal on this machine, I do not recommend it. Even a KM equivalent. They are obsolete units IMO, in spite of continued support from KM. And if you get one without a service agreement, you are going to be spending money up the wazoo trying to maintain it. These are not cheap machines by any imagination, except if you buy one from an auction or some guy's back yard. Caveat Emptor.

If you are looking for a production line machine, you are way better off looking to get the C6500 series, or the slightly newer C6501 series, or the latest replacement to that series, the Press C6000 or Press C7000 and obtain a service agreement to keep your repair costs to a minimum.

mrwho
11-23-2010, 12:36 PM
I agree with Stirton. The 8050 was a great machine when it came out, but nowadays with all the advancements made, it's greatly outdated. It's good if you get it for real cheap and you just want to work with regular paper (forget about coated) and are not too picky about quality.

Gergő
11-23-2010, 02:13 PM
Szerbusz

I have some 9850. I have tried with KM pc-s, didn't work. Maybe the inner side is different. I think most of the parts is same. Wich comes with HP logo you can find the KM parts number on pakaging too.
Probably I wont try to change boards exept ADU board wichone nessesary to change more often.
I think toner only differs is harware key.

Csá

sanimir
12-04-2010, 09:03 PM
I need a finisher Konica FS-215 but it can not be found in Europe, so I wonder whether instead they can install this from HP's finisher. If this is ok it would be great because Finisher from HP has offered a lot.

Thanks

Custom Search