PDA

View Full Version : Electrical 250 with bad EEPROM and error C2654

Custom Search

mrwho
11-23-2010, 04:06 PM
Hello there, guys and girls.

I've got a 250 with a problem which, after a lot of troubleshooting, forum reading and parts swapping with another machine, boiled down to a bad EEPROM - the little one on the PWB-A.

Trouble is, I couldn't find a part number for that eeprom so I went and bought a clean identical one at an electronic boutique, but the machine apparently doesn't like it, because it throws a C2654 error, which the manuals claims - quite rightly - that it's because the EEPROM is empty.

Now, is it possible that:

- There's a part number for that eeprom that I don't know of?
- I can make the machine work with a new eeprom somehow?
- What the heck can I do to correct this?

Cheers!

Albonline
11-23-2010, 04:33 PM
Hello there, guys and girls.

I've got a 250 with a problem which, after a lot of troubleshooting, forum reading and parts swapping with another machine, boiled down to a bad EEPROM - the little one on the PWB-A.

Trouble is, I couldn't find a part number for that eeprom so I went and bought a clean identical one at an electronic boutique, but the machine apparently doesn't like it, because it throws a C2654 error, which the manuals claims - quite rightly - that it's because the EEPROM is empty.

Now, is it possible that:

- There's a part number for that eeprom that I don't know of?
- I can make the machine work with a new eeprom somehow?
- What the heck can I do to correct this?

Cheers!

yes there is a pn for the 8 legged eeprom (had one with broken legs ) call konica (it took quite a while to get one came from japan)

mrwho
11-23-2010, 05:35 PM
yes there is a pn for the 8 legged eeprom (had one with broken legs ) call konica (it took quite a while to get one came from japan)

Can you - or someone else - provide me the pn?

Cheers!

Custom Search