PDA

View Full Version : Bizhubpro c5501 paper jam/error code 3805

Custom Search

thuo
11-23-2010, 06:55 PM
Hi
have a bizhub c5501 .when printing from the fiery on full bleed (A3/A4) without margins.
paper jams at the fuser unit.then error code c3805.printing /copying works well with scale to fit.could it be software o rfirmware of the fiery.or paper setting issues.
assist
thanks

sbillis
11-24-2010, 07:05 AM
full bleed (A3/A4) without margins

this is your problem

try A4S.

when you print scale to fit you have margins, right?

Stirton.M
11-24-2010, 09:28 AM
C3805 references an abnormal low temperature malfunction of the fusing section.

My take on this would be to assume you are printing on heavy stock paper, or glossy paper, but do not have the machine programmed to the correct weight. Page size or full bleed printing is not directly the cause for this. Ensure the tray you are feeding from is programmed with sufficient weight to do the job. If you are trying to get past the restriction on duplex for certain paper weights, stop it and split the job in two and run the second side separately, all face up.

thuo
11-24-2010, 11:30 AM
full bleed (a3/a4) without margins

this is your problem

try a4s.

When you print scale to fit you have margins, right?

i have noted when you print from illustrator this is when the problem appears but when you print the sama art work machine prints o.k.please advise if there are any settings to be done
thanks

thuo
11-24-2010, 11:41 AM
margins are are right.
i have noted when you print from illustrator this is when the problem appears but when you print the sama art work machine prints o.k.please advise if there are any settings to be done.i think this error code is due to paper stuck inthe fuser unit.this problem is happening with 80gsm papers
thanks

Stirton.M
11-24-2010, 12:35 PM
As previously stated, and I will say it again.

paper size and the content of what you are printing should not make any difference whatsoever. The code you are getting is a fuser temperature code, in other words, nothing to do with the image or the size or the orientation. There is no mention of any issues like this in any of the TSB entries, aside from the problem being fuser related.

I would investigate what is causing that code to appear. It could be a failing sensor (part 23 as shown in image below) called temperature sensor 1, directly related to the code event you are asking about. It could be a harness issue. It could even be a heat lamp issue. and of course, it could also be board related. The jam is just a symptom of the failure, but not related to the cause.

Change out the fuser if you have a spare one available.

thuo
11-24-2010, 12:58 PM
As previously stated, and I will say it again.
I have sent the same artwork to a c6501 .paper gets stuck in the same position and after three consecutive paper jam code appears.so i dont think its has anything to do with fuser.could it be something to do with the art work
thanks
paper size and the content of what you are printing should not make any difference whatsoever. The code you are getting is a fuser temperature code, in other words, nothing to do with the image or the size or the orientation. There is no mention of any issues like this in any of the TSB entries, aside from the problem being fuser related.

I would investigate what is causing that code to appear. It could be a failing sensor (part 23 as shown in image below) called temperature sensor 1, directly related to the code event you are asking about. It could be a harness issue. It could even be a heat lamp issue. and of course, it could also be board related. The jam is just a symptom of the failure, but not related to the cause.

Change out the fuser if you have a spare one available.

7287 I have sent the same artwork to a c6501 .paper gets stuck in the same position and after three consecutive paper jam code appears.so i dont think its has anything to do with fuser.could it be something to do with the art work
thanks

Stirton.M
11-24-2010, 01:09 PM
I suppose there have been stranger events to unfold, though I am a bit of a skeptic on that with this machine...

That said, if you print other documents of any size, orientation, weight and so forth, the problem is not seen?

And conversely, if you export the graphic as a PDF and try to print that, does the problem show itself?

Also, as a note to save my sanity, when you get the code event, does simply clearing the paper out of the machine and closing the door reset the code, or are you faced with having to set a reset code in service mode to allow the machine to operate after?

thuo
11-24-2010, 02:44 PM
Strange as it may appear same artwork on pdf o.k different gsm papers o.k.after removing the jam code must be resset.deleting the job. machine prints o.k on diferent size ,orientation&weight

I suppose there have been stranger events to unfold, though I am a bit of a skeptic on that with this machine...

That said, if you print other documents of any size, orientation, weight and so forth, the problem is not seen?

And conversely, if you export the graphic as a PDF and try to print that, does the problem show itself?

Also, as a note to save my sanity, when you get the code event, does simply clearing the paper out of the machine and closing the door reset the code, or are you faced with having to set a reset code in service mode to allow the machine to operate after?

Stirton.M
11-24-2010, 04:07 PM
Can you upload that file in a zip here. It would be interesting to see if that is reproducible on another machine. It does not make sense that the machine would throw an abnormal temperature service code based on an image from illustrator.

dogsbody
11-25-2010, 06:23 AM
This is coming from another angle.

Any chance you misquoted the code and it is a C-3508 after 4 J31-02's with a heavy toner coverage on the page? I ask this because you mentioned it only occurs on 80gsm stock. If this is so I have seen what you described before, the lighter stock sticks to the belt because of all the toner and travels up with it, do this four times and it codes. If this is the case there are things you can try like the "toner reduction" button in the driver or give yourself a bigger margin on the lead egde.

Cheers.

ineo+6501
11-25-2010, 04:25 PM
This is coming from another angle.

Any chance you misquoted the code and it is a C-3508 after 4 J31-02's with a heavy toner coverage on the page? I ask this because you mentioned it only occurs on 80gsm stock. If this is so I have seen what you described before, the lighter stock sticks to the belt because of all the toner and travels up with it, do this four times and it codes. If this is the case there are things you can try like the "toner reduction" button in the driver or give yourself a bigger margin on the lead egde.

Cheers.

Yip, I have seen that on 80gsm with big solid areas on a 6501. Sheet wraps around the fuser belt.

Stirton.M
11-26-2010, 03:12 AM
I too have seen similar to this as you guys describe it.

Perhaps if we could see the sample image just to eliminate that as a cause or not.

sbillis
12-01-2010, 05:55 PM
margins are are right.
i have noted when you print from illustrator this is when the problem appears but when you print the sama art work machine prints o.k.please advise if there are any settings to be done.i think this error code is due to paper stuck inthe fuser unit.this problem is happening with 80gsm papers
thanks

about Illustrator, the first think is coming to my mind now is because different color management.

perhaps illustrator converts your image and it prints with more toner than other programs. this is relative to color management setting and profile that is used.

if you use heavier paper with illustrator the extra toner does not make any problem.

Custom Search