PDA

View Full Version : Scan to Email MX-6201N

Custom Search

Dustin(WOP)
11-24-2010, 03:26 PM
Hello all,
I am having some trouble with a new install of an MX-6201N. They are using Google Apps as their email and I have found all the DNS, SMTP, POP settings and put them in the correct places, I think. The issue I am having is the connection test in the web page will not go through unless SSL is checked. I can go to the Email alets and status page and send it to an email all day long with no problems. HOWEVER, when you go to the copier itself and run a test scan, it always comes up with SSL connection failed message. So if I go back to the web page and uncheck SSL, no email alert and status will send. From the copier try to send a scan and Line and Data light flash and then go out like normal, but nothing ever get to the emails inbox.
What is really confusing me is when I setup scan to email that is how I test it is send myself an email alert and status, if that works the scanning from the machine works...well it did in the past:p.
Has anyone else ever setup scan to email on google apps email and gotten it to work? I know I am missing a stupid setting some where just not sure what or where. Thanks for any help you can provide!!!!:cool:

Lawrence
11-24-2010, 04:47 PM
Never used google apps but when scanning to gmails SMTP server or windows live you have to change the port to 587 and check off SSL. Something to try.

Custom Search