PDA

View Full Version : Dead Machine bizhub C500

Custom Search

koleszkowiec
11-27-2010, 06:47 PM
Hi all!
Some days ago I turned on my C500 and when it was starting sb turned on teapot. Because of weak electricity installation fuses went bad. Now it's dead - after switching main switch led indicator lights up, but nothing happens when I try to turn the machine up using second switch :(.
I tried to change power supply boards, fuses etc. What could happen?
Sb told me it can be firmware, cause it was loading at that moment. Is it true?
Following Your answers,
Bartek

mrwho
11-27-2010, 07:48 PM
If you turn on the machine pressing the HELP and CHECK buttons simultaneously, does it show instructions for firmware reloading? Or do the Power Save and Timer lights light up when you turn the machine on normally?

koleszkowiec
11-27-2010, 08:22 PM
As I said - nothing happnes...
When I turn on the switch inside the cover, only small green led lights up on the left side of the front panel, near the second switch (I cannot remember the name of it). So pressing Help and Check does nothing, cause engine is not starting at all.

mrwho
11-27-2010, 08:31 PM
As I said - nothing happnes...
When I turn on the switch inside the cover, only small green led lights up on the left side of the front panel, near the second switch (I cannot remember the name of it). So pressing Help and Check does nothing, cause engine is not starting at all.

If you first press and hold HELP and CHECK and then turn on the machine without releasing the keys nothing happens?

If that's the case, I guess you're in for a heavy bill to repair your machine. That's what happens when people don't take heed of the manual's advise to beef up the power supply to the machine.

koleszkowiec
11-27-2010, 09:38 PM
I'll check it once again on monday, cause now I cannot get to this machine. Argh, I'm working with many people and just sb wanted something to drink! ;[
I know it's not easy to repair, but I would prefer to get some clues or instructions. I've got another 8050 for parts ;)

pepper38_cnd
11-28-2010, 12:11 AM
Considering this machine requires a 240V power outlet, that must be one heck of a Tea Pot.

koleszkowiec
11-28-2010, 11:23 AM
There are weak fuses in this building and sb forgot about it. I was printing on this C500 many times and there wasn't any problem...
What can I do more? As I said power supply is ok...

mrwho
11-28-2010, 11:49 AM
It's a shame you have a 8050 for parts, since I assume most of the boards aren't compatible. You should check and start swapping the ones that are. My bet would be on a fried board (expensive) or corrupt firmware (cheap, but from what you said, this is probably not the case).

koleszkowiec
11-28-2010, 12:16 PM
Fried main board?

mrwho
11-28-2010, 06:05 PM
I have no idea - Anything I say will just be a wild guess. The only way to know for sure is to start replacing parts.

koleszkowiec
11-28-2010, 06:16 PM
What do you mean saying: 'It's a shame you have a 8050 for parts, since I assume most of the boards aren't compatible.'?
I replaced some parts, but it didn't help, so maybe they were wrong?

mrwho
11-28-2010, 06:25 PM
When I first wrote that, I had no time to check the parts catalog, but now I have some spare time.

After a quick looksee, I was apparently wrong: the C500 and the 8050 share all of the parts (at least the parts catalog is the same for both machines, and it doesn't mention separate parts for each one).

But it doesn't mean you can just swap boards with them, since I believe the firmware is different for both (I have no means of verifying that, if someone knows for sure, please chime in), so I believe you need to reflash the C500 boards with the 8050 firmware in order for it to work.

But, even without firmware, if you swap a board and the machine wakes up (even if it wakes up with an error code) it will probably mean the board you just swapped was the one malfunctioning.

Of course, if you have more than one board dead, you got a long way to go swapping and testing.

koleszkowiec
11-28-2010, 06:48 PM
Thanks a lot! I'll try repairing it this week hopin' to be lucky ;)
If I find bad part, I'll write here what was that.

mrwho
11-28-2010, 06:57 PM
Thanks a lot! I'll try repairing it this week hopin' to be lucky ;)
If I find bad part, I'll write here what was that.

Nice, we'll be waiting for feedback.

Good luck!

koleszkowiec
12-25-2010, 01:29 PM
Hello again!
I've made my c500 working! :D
I had to replace every logic board. I've tried many combinations, and only exchange of a few boards gave results. Now copier starts, but shows bad firmware and incomability of parts (KM says that you can replace only two parts at time - I replaced these two behind integrated controler, with USB port, and these logic boards on the right looking from behind).
Now I'm trying to restore firmware from c500 to 8050 boards ;).
Regards,
Bartek

mrwho
12-25-2010, 06:47 PM
Good to know.

Looks like you're having a hell of a christmas with this one! :)

Good luck!

otomatic
03-14-2014, 05:03 PM
same thing happened here after some electrical work was done to the building and only had 110 (one leg of the 220) at the outlet ...just the green light and nothing else

Custom Search