PDA

View Full Version : Most hated copier brand and model!!!

Custom Search

tinnyjay
11-28-2010, 12:17 AM
Hello!
Which is your most hated copier brand and model and why.
Mine are Sharp,Panasonic and KM because i dont know them too much
:)

KEITH.MAX
12-01-2010, 11:36 AM
Hello!
Mine are Sharp,Panasonic and KM because i dont know them too much.

slybot
12-01-2010, 11:45 AM
Hello!

xerox.. for at least one reason is that their service manuals a complete crap and they dribble in nonsensical 'xeroxspeak' which makes no sense, and they make up words......... "corotron"???? no such thing!

OMD-227
12-01-2010, 11:55 AM
You'll find alot of manuals speak like that...... mainly because they are a translation of the Japanese or Chinese version for the English market.

I've seen some classic examples over the years..... One that comes to mind is a 'Lump Unit' for a scanner lamp.

slybot
12-02-2010, 11:24 AM
You'll find alot of manuals speak like that...... mainly because they are a translation of the Japanese or Chinese version for the English market.

I've seen some classic examples over the years..... One that comes to mind is a 'Lump Unit' for a scanner lamp.

'lump unit'??? holy snapping duck shit batman.............never heard it called that before wazza.. i should have been a bit clearer though, i was actually referring to the lack of basic english. (acronyms) like 'fip' 'rap' 'crum' 'cru' (and trust me) it goes on like this. i got shown the 'acronym' book. it was as thick as an encylopedia......... at the end of the day you have to go WTF are they talking about

tinnyjay
01-04-2011, 01:38 AM
Hello!
Mine are Sharp,Panasonic and KM because i dont know them too much.

Hey "me",how r u?

tinnyjay
01-04-2011, 01:42 AM
Just forgot to say :
" I am an english man from New York" :P

nmfaxman
01-04-2011, 01:55 AM
Sharp because they are made by Mattel.
Pressed aluminum and cheap plastic.

Xerox, just because it is in my opinion the X brand.
Xpect them to charge big money because of the name.
Xpect them to make the machines a pain to work on.
Xpect them to not work well, to create calls.
Don't blame the X manuals on the Japanese.
These are American POS's all the way.
So, I guess my most hated is Brand X.

vincent64
01-04-2011, 02:01 AM
Brands I hate, despise, loath, Konica-Minolta and Toshiba, KM cause I dont understand there codes and such, Toshiba, are just plain cheap, most units are not well made, afraid I am going to break something working on it.

b003ace
01-04-2011, 05:27 PM
Toshita, the product is shit, the manuals are shit, and their dealers are all subsidiary now.

kingpd@businessprints.net
01-05-2011, 10:51 AM
Xerox: hate their company and attitude more than anything. I liked some of the older tanks they made but doesn't matter b/c hard to service them.
Toshiba: I've never seen bigger pieces of crap, love "Toshita" btw. and the cost of some parts, b*tch please.
HP: expensive as hell, plastic crap; have some of that Xerox mentality.
Sharp/Ricoh/Savin/Gestetner/Lanier/IBM: hate in part b/c they were big implementing the first cheaper plastic pieces of sh*t. Ricoh is annoying as hell to deal with...too big I think.

montana
01-05-2011, 01:03 PM
hi..it is canon ir1605..the most hated one to me..it is a bad quality

toshibadale
01-14-2011, 03:52 PM
I think Toshiba's are good units. The part's and supplies are higher than heck, but if you double the PM counters, or turn them off, they will run a long time.....EXCEPT for the feed tires. Total crap are these pieces of rubber. They do produce some of the best copies I've seen.

bojans
01-14-2011, 04:16 PM
xerox.. for at least one reason is that their service manuals a complete crap and they dribble in nonsensical 'xeroxspeak' which makes no sense, and they make up words......... "corotron"???? no such thing!

That's why I love them ;)

bojans
01-14-2011, 04:20 PM
I think Toshiba's are good units. The part's and supplies are higher than heck, but if you double the PM counters, or turn them off, they will run a long time.....EXCEPT for the feed tires. Total crap are these pieces of rubber. They do produce some of the best copies I've seen.

I have to agree with you. Toshiba's that I've seen so far are good and reliable machines. I've seen models 16-22 copies made over 300K without any service.

I3FusionGuy
01-15-2011, 03:47 AM
aka Ricoh MP5000....so many problems...so much time to fix....all to do it again a few weeks later.

slybot
01-15-2011, 11:47 AM
That's why I love them ;)

you have lost me here bigtime............you love them for what reason????

Lotec
01-17-2011, 02:56 PM
I like Ricoh but I hate tha Adonis series in all forms (AF450 - MP5000). I hate the smaller B/W boxes too (but not that much). Everything slower then 60 pages a minute is rubbish. I like the Ricoh manuals (not the new 3D) and their service mode.
When I come to think about it.. I hate some models from every brand I have worked on.. more or less. There are crappy Lexmark, HP, Minolta, Konica, Toshiba, Canon..

But Adonis is like an epitome of how a manufacturer does NOT learn. A basic design flaw that need a totally NEW design. No matter how you shape or form shit, it is still just shit when you're done.

Eric1968
01-17-2011, 04:39 PM
Hello!

So you hate certain machines because you don't know them? Says a lot about yourself.

tinnyjay
01-17-2011, 08:55 PM
So you hate certain machines because you don't know them? Says a lot about yourself.

Couldn't i say i know all copiers brands and models,but i dont like Sharp and Panasonic?

The answers are :

1-Yes (you r a good guy at last)
2-No(You r worst than i think :) )
3-Maybe (Must be afraid of you )
4-Sorry for my reply (hard to hear from you)

Be careful , you can win a Ricoh Pro135EX :P

Master Sparkee
07-15-2015, 12:43 PM
aka Ricoh MP5000....so many problems...so much time to fix....all to do it again a few weeks later.

Absolutely agree. Ricoh is probably the worst brand i have ever worked on. Rediculously low pm lengths. The 60-90 cpm all vomit toner and have for several generations.

Custom Search