PDA

View Full Version : Do I need a new drum?

Custom Search

brianfarris
12-01-2010, 02:43 PM
I've got this light reddish streak that goes down pages. Is that a problem with the drum? Would replacing the drum fix this issue?

It's a Konica Minolta ColorForce 8050.7345

Mr Spock
12-01-2010, 11:40 PM
I would check the charge wires first. Is this in the direction of paper feed or cross direction. if in paper feed then also look at the laser slit glass as well.

Stirton.M
12-02-2010, 12:48 AM
My guess is a piece of fuzz on the charge grid, or a contaminant behind the doctor blade of the cyan developer unit.

Remove the belt, remove the drum of the cyan, and look at the area where that mark appears to show on the paper...simply center the paper relative to the process unit to give you a rough idea of where to look at the charge grid and developer magnet roller/brush.

If it is the developer unit, chances are high that there is a lump of toner interfering with the brush. The top cover can be removed and a slip of paper inserted between the blade and magnetic roller, slide the paper to the edge to push the contaminant to that end. Sometimes fuzz there can also do this...if possible, remove it if you can see it. Do not remove the blade from the body, it is set in position using jigs. If it is toner lumps, those can come from the toner bottle...tapping the bottle like one had to in the past is not required, the toner is wax based and can compress to become lumps if it is tapped. Be careful.

RRodgers
12-02-2010, 03:43 AM
Yes, replace the red drum. Course... you have to find the red drum first. :) As suggested above, it's probably something stuck in the doctor blade gap or the cyan unit.

brianfarris
12-02-2010, 03:07 PM
Is there a service manual online somewhere that diagrams where I can access these parts?

Stirton.M
12-02-2010, 11:41 PM
Is there a service manual online somewhere that diagrams where I can access these parts?

I am sorry, but if you do not know what you are doing at this level, contact the nearest konica minolta service department and have a certified technician look at the machine and fix this.

To perform what is needed to deal with this is fairly intensive and if you do not know what you are doing, you can make matters much much worse. It is not simple by any stretch of the imagination, and damage to any component of the process section will only compound the issue you are already facing.

shawn Xia
12-03-2010, 03:49 AM
there is something obstacle on the cyan developing unit,check it and clean it.that should be ok.
and I think the drum is ok,needn't be replaced.

if you need the service manual,PM me.

mo0651
12-06-2010, 02:49 PM
Wipe the dust and fuzz off of the top off all the dev units. The lasers write on the drums thru those areas.

shawn Xia
12-07-2010, 01:33 AM
I don't think so.if the laser beam is blocked,the image will has very thin and straight line.

mo0651
12-08-2010, 02:57 PM
that depends on the size of the fuzz ball! all the fans running in this machine, we had one that was waving back and forth. One of our techs spent 2 hours on the problem and didnt clean anything. The only thing it took was to wipe off the dirt.

Custom Search