PDA

View Full Version : AR-M455N Scanning

Custom Search

tmanamore
12-01-2010, 05:10 PM
How do I set up a Sharp AR-M455N to scan to dessktop? I have already place a scan folder on my c drive and set it for sharing. How do I get the machine to see it?

blackcat4866
12-01-2010, 05:16 PM
I've only done it a couple times, but I think that you need to install Sharpdesk3.2, then scan-to-FTP.
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong. I don't think straight Scan-to-SMB is possible. =^..^=

ZOOTECH
12-01-2010, 05:31 PM
I've only done it a couple times, but I think that you need to install Sharpdesk3.2, then scan-to-FTP.
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong. I don't think straight Scan-to-SMB is possible. =^..^=
Yes, you are correct; the network scanning option (MX-NSX1) must be installed.

nmfaxman
12-01-2010, 05:59 PM
And sharpdesk requires a licence.

tmaged
12-03-2010, 02:05 AM
You've got excellent advice so far. If the MFP has scanning enabled, you need Sharpdesk & a license to use it. Sharpdesk scans back by putting an FTP utility on the PC. It receives the scan & can move it to a folder on the network. This machine will not scan directly to a folder. The MX-M450N was the first to have SMB scanning.

xmasvn
12-05-2010, 11:43 AM
that easy way to set scan to desktop

1 you must install the scan kit in your photo NSX1
2 after install ok set one ip addr for your photo
3 and then install sharpdesk on pc you want to san come in this , use auto detect to looking your photo had been install scan kit
4 when you want to scan on your photo just click on the address chose the name you have set on pc
5 press enter to start scan this file will be go directly to pc you choose

Custom Search