PDA

View Full Version : Minolta Di351 ADF issue

Custom Search

greyg8r
12-02-2010, 11:49 AM
When I install paper in the ADF of a Minolta Di351, the sensor signals that the feeder door is open and won't allow copying. I tested the sensor and it is fine. Doesn't make any sense to me. Any ideas?

minoltaed
12-02-2010, 10:51 PM
First question would be did you cause this. Replaced the rollers and pads and when you got it back together got the open door. If so backtrack your steps. I have seen this before. You might try to trick the machine turn it off unplug feeder turn on. Turn off replug it back in. Next step would be the sensor it self which you say is good. I have replaced the board in these feeders afr-15 If I remember right. To fix that problem.

greyg8r
12-03-2010, 02:59 AM
First question would be did you cause this.

Maybe. I noticed the problem after I moved the copier and was setting it backup.

Replaced the rollers and pads and when you got it back together got the open door. If so backtrack your steps. I have seen this before. You might try to trick the machine turn it off unplug feeder turn on. Turn off replug it back in. Next step would be the sensor it self which you say is good. I have replaced the board in these feeders afr-15 If I remember right. To fix that problem.

I swapped the sensor with one I thought was good but I'll try another sensor. Also, I'll try the unplugging, replugging trick and see if that works. Thanks.

greyg8r
12-12-2010, 03:17 AM
Suddenly fixed. Maybe something got jarred when I moved it. I won't be moving it again.

greyg8r
12-12-2010, 04:56 AM
Not fixed. If I tap on the feeder, it works - for a while. I think the problem is a connector to the PC1 sensor. I don't see how to get to this sensor. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

rocky246
12-13-2010, 05:13 AM
Does it say to close the feeder? There is a magnet under the feeder at the front right that has to line up with a swith under the top cover of the machine. If you move the machine by pushing the document feeder, you can cause the feeder to move and sit crooked on the machine.

greyg8r
12-15-2010, 08:18 AM
Thanks Rocky! You nailed it! Another feller sent me a PM a couple of days ago to suggest that same idea. I had already lowered the magnet and the situation is much better. I still have to open and close a door in the feeder occasionally, but I am back in business. Thanks again!

mjunkaged
01-19-2011, 08:33 PM
If this is the ONE-SIDED feeder we're talking 'bout (feeds in on left side, feeds out underneath) then the hinge sockets can also get busted easily simply by opening and closing the feeder a few dozen times, if the customer/user is reefing UP on the unit when they open it all the way. Also if you push the machine around by grabbing the feeder, as mentioned earlier. ALSO, the scanner on this series is easily bent down at the left front corner. Bend it back up to meet the feeder, if that's the case. It's already screwed once it's bent so <ahem> re-form the scanner frame for least skew, since it will prob. never be perfectly straight again. But sometimes you get lucky.

Custom Search