PDA

View Full Version : Oki 6100 , toner residual on fuser after initialization

Custom Search

Ducttape n Glue
12-03-2010, 08:06 PM
Customer says that the unit is getting residual toner on the fuser rollers being transferred to prints for a few cycles. It occurs after it is turned on in morning, or after initialization from sleep mode. It has a new Oki fuser assembly just installed. Is the temp possible to be changed on this unit?

blackcat4866
12-04-2010, 02:05 AM
The majority of Oki's apply fixing pressure only during printing then release the fixing pressure afterwards. The fuser motor reverses for a single rotation to apply fixing pressure, then the motor rotates forward to drive the paper through the fuser, then at the conclusion of the print job the fuser motor again reverses to release fixing pressure.

If the 6100 also works this way there is a simple solution.

Where the problem lies, is when the fuser motor reverses to apply pressure, it rotates 1 1/4 rotations. So every third or fourth print job the fixing pressure cam is not in the correct position.

On other Oki's I've repositioned the fixing pressure cam to the pressure position, then removed the two stage gear that advances the cam. From then on there is always fixing pressure. If you need to remove jams the colored levers may be used to temporarily release fixing pressure.

Once that gear is removed you will have no fixing pressure problems. Typically systems like this are designed to minimize flat-spotting of the pressure roller. I've never seen an Oki pressure roller develop flat spots, before or after this modification. =^..^=

Ducttape n Glue
12-06-2010, 02:32 PM
Blackat4866,

Thanks for the concise and precise info. I copied the tech and he is on his way.
Thx again, I'll post the results.

Ducttape n Glue
12-06-2010, 05:06 PM
Sorry to report that the Oki C6100 does not have this feature.

Custom Search