PDA

View Full Version : KM Bizhub Pro C500 Fusing Problem

Custom Search

Onetouch
12-04-2010, 09:14 PM
I have KM Bizhub Pro C500 machine but I have problem with fusing. If the page has full colour it dosen't fuse it or mostly it gets jam at the fuser so I registerd 20lb. paper as "NORMAL 5" which is ok and no jam so far. But if I print on 80lb. glassy paper some spot or one side usually dosen't fuse. I tried all the option for paper registration COATED and NORMAL but still dosen't work. I did fixing adjustment with Cyan density set up 88 but I don't have the chart to compare and I'm not % 100 sure if I did it right. My fixing roller are new. Any idea or suggestion? By the way I did changed the fixing roller but not the ball bearing. Is that can cause the problem? Thanks.

Stirton.M
12-05-2010, 05:21 PM
Did you set the paper setting to handle 80lb? If not, then do so.

As for the bearings....they should be replaced periodically...not every time the roller is replaced. My rule of thumb...if the inner race has a blue tint to it, they are close to needing replacement, if the outer race is blue, replace them NOW. But aside from that, they should be fine if they roll without resistance.

There could be other minor issues. But you need to address the paper weight setting first. Otherwise, you are simply wasting your time.

mailderrick
12-09-2010, 05:45 AM
Did you remove the thermistors and if so did you use the jig to put them back in? and as he asked..did you set it properly for 80lb?

mkoltowski
05-23-2013, 09:44 PM
Hi.

I've similar problem with Bizhub C500.

When I print black/white documents, everything is ok.

But when I print in full color, photos, then is jam in fusing unit. Earlier everthing was ok.

I was changing on heavier paper and nothing changes.

Have anybody some suggetions?

With regards,
Michael.

Onetouch
06-02-2013, 01:13 AM
Hi.

I've similar problem with Bizhub C500.

When I print black/white documents, everything is ok.

But when I print in full color, photos, then is jam in fusing unit. Earlier everthing was ok.

I was changing on heavier paper and nothing changes.

Have anybody some suggetions?

With regards,
Michael.

There are some adjustment on the fuser (some screws) that you shouldn't touch. This is what cause the problem unless it's your setting for the paper and maybe you have the problem with the paper. First try to print the same image with different stock and see if it's still jam. I also suggest that you chose face up when you have this kind of problem it'll help. You should know what you need to do if you are a technician. Good luck.

smart-refill
01-24-2015, 08:16 PM
did you solve this problem? I have a similar problem with my CF5001

Custom Search