PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub Pro C500 SC36-06

Custom Search

mailderrick
12-04-2010, 09:30 PM
i know this is related to the fuser but what part specifically..i dont have the manual on this one. Before this error showed up the guy described to me the smearing page on half the page so i told him possible thermoswitch..but before i could call him back to find that out he had called anohter company. the guy came out and told him he needs a whole fuser (machine has 337,000 pages) and he said the are melted gears one thumps when you turn it and he showed him...also that there is a missin part of fuser web? then he left and later the error came up..i still think the biggest problem may be the thermoswitch. i have not seen it yet but might get the chance monday. Thoughts? also ...does the error reset by opening and closing the door?

Stirton.M
12-05-2010, 05:36 PM
The thermistor on the upper roller is experiencing the issue.

It could be as simple as a dirty sensor, failing sensor, or a failed heat lamp.

To correct the code, you will need to enter 25 mode, set switch 3-1 to 0. The rest is simply taking the covers off to observe if you have a failed lamp during operation. Eliminate that and it is likely related to the sensor itself.

We stopped using the webs, they tended to stall the fuser too often...melted gear? More like missing tooth? A visual inspection should be made, but to say he needs a whole fuser unit? What kind of crack is that other tech on? These units are serviceable and almost never replaced...upper and lower rollers, bearings, the odd sensor and even gears are replaced, never the whole unit. I suspect that other tech is a hack....someone not worthy to work on this machine, it is obviously too complex for them.

Techead42
12-06-2010, 12:15 AM
i know this is related to the fuser but what part specifically..i dont have the manual on this one. Before this error showed up the guy described to me the smearing page on half the page so i told him possible thermoswitch..but before i could call him back to find that out he had called anohter company. the guy came out and told him he needs a whole fuser (machine has 337,000 pages) and he said the are melted gears one thumps when you turn it and he showed him...also that there is a missin part of fuser web? then he left and later the error came up..i still think the biggest problem may be the thermoswitch. i have not seen it yet but might get the chance monday. Thoughts? also ...does the error reset by opening and closing the door?

Mailderrick, I would do my best to get a copy of the service manual on this; I've service the C500 series for a number of years & more recently the CS650, these machines produce a decent color copy but there a number of image quality adjustments that need to be performed after PM parts are replaced; having the service manual is key, as it has an adjustment matrix outlining adjustment steps to be performed, the order in which they need to be performed, etc.

mailderrick
12-06-2010, 06:50 AM
ok., i dd find a manual to download although it is not complete it does have most of the basics for this machine. It shows to go into mode 36 "8050" , i don't have the jig but i can order it or use other ways of measuring..i think the manual i have mixed with the previous knowledge mixed with a few techs and this forum will get me through the new machine although if you have a copy you would like to share i won't turn it down:-)

sanimir
12-06-2010, 09:07 AM
PM for you

sanimir
12-07-2010, 09:16 PM
manual ok?

mailderrick
12-09-2010, 05:47 AM
It is ..one of them i had; the other i did not - so it will be very helpful. I have a few manuals myself so if you ever need anything hopefullyi can repay the favor!
derrick

Custom Search