PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 350 scan to issues

Custom Search

trektech
12-05-2010, 06:05 AM
My customer's Bizhub 350 moved to a new location and no longer will scan to email.
Whether scan to email or SMB error ED09C6 or ED09C7.
Windows 2003 server with DC. IT guy says that it is not getting through to the server somehow but the Pagescope web interface is available as well as printing from all workstations. fax works as well.

I have done a total clear and re-entered all settings after the IT person tried to reconfigure the machine to use a Gmail account rather that the previous account they had had. It worked until the attempt to switch to Gmail.

What I do not understand is why I cannot even set up scan to SMB on this network.

I know there has been a lot of posts on this but none seem to address this situation to me as I can understand it. Can it be as simple as using upper case? Whay does the IT guy now tell me the Bizhub no longer logs into the server?

It's a mixed Mac and Windows environment but everyone can use the Bizhub except now for scan.

I have turned SSL on and off. DNS on and off as well with similar negative results.

I really need some step by step, setting up Bizhub 350 for scan to functions help.
As by the book, it should be correct but it's not working for some reason.

Help?

kyotech75
12-05-2010, 12:56 PM
I know the gmail uses different smtp servers, so make sure the smtp server being used is the correct one for the account. Also SSL is required for gmail and it uses port 465 for smtp.

Have you tried to connect a laptop up with a crossover and try to scan to smb directly. This will tell you if you have a problem with the scanner or some setting on the network. I have had some issues with Small business server not allowing SMB scanning because of permissions on folders. Try to create a new folder on the root directory and (since you have access to the IT person) use the administrator login and password.

Make sure DNS is set up correctly if host name is being used, but for testing purposes IP address is the way to go.

This may not make it work but may help you prove the problem is not your machine and will put the liability on the customers IT staff to figure it out.

GL

trektech
12-05-2010, 04:10 PM
I have not tried the laptop with crossover cable thing yet but I will.
I have set the Gmail settings up as you say with no luck.
What I really do not understand is why the machine will print from network, ping other IP addresses, local and internet, fax and all other things it is supposed to do but will no longer scan to email as it did before.

I know the gmail uses different smtp servers, so make sure the smtp server being used is the correct one for the account. Also SSL is required for gmail and it uses port 465 for smtp.

Have you tried to connect a laptop up with a crossover and try to scan to smb directly. This will tell you if you have a problem with the scanner or some setting on the network. I have had some issues with Small business server not allowing SMB scanning because of permissions on folders. Try to create a new folder on the root directory and (since you have access to the IT person) use the administrator login and password.

Make sure DNS is set up correctly if host name is being used, but for testing purposes IP address is the way to go.

This may not make it work but may help you prove the problem is not your machine and will put the liability on the customers IT staff to figure it out.

GL

kyotech75
12-05-2010, 04:59 PM
The reason has to be on the network, ie a setting, a server change or some port being blocked that was not before.
If the customer is using a new firewall or something like that then that may be the issue. When you print you are sending information directly to the printers IP address and there is no information that has to be sent through a firewall. Faxing uses the phone line and does not have to go through the network. If they are receiving faxes to a folder (network fax) then set the scans to go to that folder and test it. If it scans to that folder you can eliminate the scanner as the problem.

Also, just a thought, change the network cable and try a different IP address just to test. Stranger things have happened.

mdavin
12-23-2010, 07:11 PM
Server 2003 by default has SMB packet and secure channel signing turned on the bizhub 250/350 will not scan to SMB under these circumstances. There might be a final firmware that allows this but I'm not sure. The final version I use on my 250/350's is G30. The IT department would have to turn these features off on the server, do not offer to change the settings on the server tell them its up to them if they want to change the settings, I would assume no responsibility for the server settings I never get into that with IT departments I simple state the machine does not support SMB packet and secure channel signing these features must be off, while I know how to turn these off I will not touch a server that I do not manage my self. If the IT department does not comply setup scan to FTP or use the IP scanner/Image receiver software. The image receiver is what I typically use on server 2003 when SMB is not available. Also for the Scan to email find out who there ISP is and use the ISP SMTP to scan-to-email typically when you use the ISP SMTP you can put what ever you want in the email field (no authentication)and it will work also resolve the ip address for the host name I never use host names for scan-to-email. Some might argue (It departments mostly) that the ip address changes but I have not had that happen yet with comcast bellsouth/att roadrunner nuvox broadsmart cbeyond have all had the same smtp IP even when bellsouth went to att the IP's stayed intact. Also if you must use gmail there are some bit codes you could find in the service manual that will make it so you can put a separate authentication settings for the SMTP and the pop3. mode 380 I belive

BIG PAPA
12-23-2010, 07:27 PM
With your SMB issues, are you going directly to server or to a workstation? If it is a workstation make sure that there is a local user account setup to use, not a domain login. Turn off any firewalls and try again. but I have seen the local user issue many times.

TheOwl
12-24-2010, 12:12 AM
Ask your IT guys to whitelist the IP address of the copier so that it doesn't need to authenticate with Exchange or what ever email server they are using.

As for scan to SMB, then it must be a local account on the PC (as this machine won't authenticate with a domain) and you will also need to ensure that 'Digital Signing of SMB Packets' is disabled on the location to where you are trying to scan to as this machine doesn't support digital signing of SMB packets. The Digital Signing is set through a group policy on the server which filters down to client PC's so you might find that your IT person might not want to disable this feature. I know that I wouldn't if it was my network. :-)

ptrflrs
12-24-2010, 12:20 AM
for smb, have you checked if it was moved to a different subnet? as for the gmail, good luck on that one, check ur ports out -smtp and verify authentication method for gmail (http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=13287) and as someone already mentioned firmware. gmail settings:

Incoming Mail (POP3) Server - requires SSL: pop.gmail.com
Use SSL: Yes
Port: 995 Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server - requires TLS or SSL: smtp.gmail.com (use authentication)
Use Authentication: Yes
Port for TLS/STARTTLS: 587
Port for SSL: 465 Account Name: your full email address (including @gmail.com or @your_domain.com) Email Address: your email address (username@gmail.com or username@your_domain.com) Password: your Gmail password

trektech
12-27-2010, 09:06 PM
I agree it is in the network but I have been trying to appease the IT guy who does not seem to want it to be anything other than the Bizhubs fault.
I did use a cross over cable to a laptop and all is well there as far as scanning.
I did try a different cable and IP addy as you suggest and still no joy.
Thanks

The reason has to be on the network, ie a setting, a server change or some port being blocked that was not before.
If the customer is using a new firewall or something like that then that may be the issue. When you print you are sending information directly to the printers IP address and there is no information that has to be sent through a firewall. Faxing uses the phone line and does not have to go through the network. If they are receiving faxes to a folder (network fax) then set the scans to go to that folder and test it. If it scans to that folder you can eliminate the scanner as the problem.

Also, just a thought, change the network cable and try a different IP address just to test. Stranger things have happened.

trektech
12-27-2010, 09:11 PM
Through a server which I do believe is the issue. As mentioned, I did connect without issue off the network with a laptop and a cross over cable.
Windows Server 2003 with domain control and an IT guy who insists on not checking firewalls and other settings that may be blocking this function.

With your SMB issues, are you going directly to server or to a workstation? If it is a workstation make sure that there is a local user account setup to use, not a domain login. Turn off any firewalls and try again. but I have seen the local user issue many times.

trektech
12-27-2010, 09:17 PM
I think it must have to do with the domain authentication problem. I tried other available IP addresses (when the IT guy was not there - he is very particular about such things) and it still will not scan to email or SMB. I used a variety of SMTP servers and email addresses and it just won't go past the server domain controller (I think).

Ask your IT guys to whitelist the IP address of the copier so that it doesn't need to authenticate with Exchange or what ever email server they are using.

As for scan to SMB, then it must be a local account on the PC (as this machine won't authenticate with a domain) and you will also need to ensure that 'Digital Signing of SMB Packets' is disabled on the location to where you are trying to scan to as this machine doesn't support digital signing of SMB packets. The Digital Signing is set through a group policy on the server which filters down to client PC's so you might find that your IT person might not want to disable this feature. I know that I wouldn't if it was my network. :-)

Stirton.M
12-28-2010, 10:29 AM
Solution ID TAUS0800962EN* Solution Usage 22
Description

SERVER CONNECT ERROR message and unable to scan to E-mail viaMicrosoft® Exchange Server 2003 and 2007.

Solution

CAUSE: An exception for the printer was not added to the Microsoft® Exchange Server.

SOLUTION: Have theserver Administrator add an exception for the printer to the Exchange exceptions list.

1.Open the Control panel and select Windows Firewall.

2.Select Exceptions and Add Port.

3.Add a name and Port number.

4.Click on Change Scope.

5.Select Custom List and add the TCP/IP address for the exception.

Stirton.M
12-28-2010, 10:35 AM
Solution ID TAUS0702066EN* Solution Usage 4
Description

ED09C6 error code when trying to scan to SMB.

Solution

PROBABLE CAUSES:

1. LAN cable is not connected or the destination address is incorrect. Check that the LAN cable is correctly connected. Also check that the settings for the destination address and port number are correctly specified.

2. The SMB ports are closed for security reasons, usually due to a firewall or anti-virus utility. Ports 137, 138, 138 and 445 need to be verified that they are open. If these ports are closed, a connection cannot be made to the workstation from the machine, thus creating the error. Checking the ports should only be done by the customer network administrator. DO NOT change these ports yourself.

Solution ID TAUS0648544EN* Solution Usage 17
Description

How to scan to SMB.

Solution

When setting up scanning to SMB, user rights must be set appropriately for the environment that the workstation is in (i.e., Local Workgroup or Domain). Below is an example of both:

1. User1@usa.konicaMinolta.us is an example of which user ID to add when sharing out a folder. This is when the machine is on a domain.

2. A machine is on the local workgroup. Use the machine name PW-Workstation_Name and then the username User1 , (i.e.,
\PW-Workstation_Name\User1 ) then set the appropriate rights.

Solution ID TAUS0650910EN* Solution Usage 7
Description

ED09C7 code when scanning to SMB.

Solution

CAUSE: The computer user name and password are incorrect.

SOLUTION: In the user name and password fields when creating a one-touch key, the user name and password must match exactly to the name and password registered in the PC.

Solution ID TAUS0701992EN* Solution Usage 0
Description

When usingscan to SMB using a Microsoft® Windows domain server,error messages are generated even after making sure that folder and destinations are correct.

Example (EA2229).

Solution

CAUSE:Incorrect server settings.

SOLUTION: Perform the following procedure on the server:

1. Open the default Domain Controller Security Setting.
2. Local Policies.
3. Under Security Setting for Microsoft® network server set: Digitally sign communications from "Always" to "Disable".

Solution ID TAUS0703536EN* Solution Usage 2
Description

PROBLEM: The machine indicates the incorrect user name or password ED9C7 when attempting to scan to SMB on a server or workstation with an account created for scanning.

Solution

CAUSE: An account is created on the server or workstation to provide a user name and password, either because the workstation does not use a password or the administrator does not want to use their password on the server. The created account does not have administrator rights. This will cause the scan to be rejected.

SOLUTION: Assign administrator rights to the account created for scanning purposes.

Solution ID TAUS0901249EN* Solution Usage 0
Description

The machine will not scan to SMB on the first attempt. Pressing redial from the job list will allow the scan to complete.
Solution

CAUSE: The gateway TX setting is set to restrict.

SOLUTION: The gateway TX setting needs to be set to allow. To do this, enter the administrator 2 mode by pressing the utility key, admin management, admin 2. Select network settings, scanner settings, gateway TX and change the setting to allow.

BIG PAPA
12-28-2010, 01:18 PM
Interlochen? Glad you guys have been getting all the snow. Haha. I'm just a ways north. As for the IT guy, well you have proven there is no problem with the machine, and it is his network. If he is unwilling to help you, well there is little you can do. I have had similar issues in the past, usually resulting in my mgt having to get involved to get assistance from the IT dept. otherwise they must not really want scanning. Cant fix there network without them doing some work.

trektech
12-28-2010, 02:52 PM
Thats about the way I've come to see it and, fortunately, the customer understands that it is the network and not the machine so there is no problems there. I thought I had a good working relationship with this IT guy prior to this but.....

I thought you all got tons more did than we did this time around!
It's a funny year as just a few miles away there were at least 12 more inches than we have had.

emujo
12-28-2010, 03:32 PM
Didn't see this posted, but the 350 needs both the host name and file path in CAPS. An easy way to verify correct permissions and credentials is to log in to w workstation with the info supplied by the IT department and attempt to write/erase a file into the folder. If you can't accomplish this from a workstation, the MFP sure as hell won't either. KM doesn't suuport 3rd party email (gmail/yahoo ect). If you can make it work, great, if not, sad, but not our issue. If you have the domane name in the TCP/IP settings, don't tag it on the user login name as the MFP will add it twice and login will fail. Emujo

mjunkaged
05-13-2011, 10:35 PM
Thanks for clarifying that, it's a little fuzzy in the destructions......um....instructions!

emujo
05-14-2011, 05:54 PM
One other tip... this family (through the 282) wont connect to a 2003 domain controller without modifying the digitally signed communications security policy. If you can scan to a workstation but not back to the server (using the same permissions and scan path) this is probably the issue. Emujo

mo0651
05-17-2011, 05:54 PM
ran into this yesterday. smtp authentication settings need to be turned on sot you can set them. Softswitch 380 bits "6" and "2" set to 1. Then it will let you enter them in network setup. Hope it might help by pass IT

gpsorell
05-18-2011, 07:30 PM
There is a special firmware available from Konica Minolta (version: G3Z-80) which supports SMB Signatures for Server 2003

DocuSystems
05-24-2011, 06:10 PM
ED09C6 - Server Connect Error. Can't find the server for some reason. There is a PING test under admin2. I have ran into situations where if DNS wasn't configured correctly, E-Mail scanning won't work EVEN when using an IP. Don't know why, just something I've seen. For SMB, start with the destination's IP address. If it won't connect with that then the ports are being blocked.

ED09C7 - Login error. For SMB scanning, I usually try to use a user's domain account to find out where the machine is trying to authenticate. If it works with a domain account, sometimes you can get IT to create a new account specifically for scanning with a non-expiring password.

I have had no luck scanning to a DC and don't usually try it. I will talk the customer into E-Mail or FTP, either using the DC's FTP server, or getting them to install the KM FTP utility.

I have also had no luck setting up scanning to a gmail account. Try another email provider, even yours, to prove it's not the Bizhub, and tell them they need to find a different provider. Lots of the free email providers disable relaying for obvious reasons.

You could always suggest to the IT person that they need to do packet capturing and analyze the packets to determine what is going on, but good luck with that! Alot of IT departments I work with see packet capturing as a security risk.

mo0651
05-24-2011, 08:15 PM
Gonna try an attachment.

oxxi
02-13-2013, 11:59 PM
Having the same error code ED09C6. All samba ports are open. Made Firewall exceptions. I can ping the computers from the printer but scan to SMB still does not work. I feel like I have tried everything.

DocuSystems
02-14-2013, 02:37 PM
Having the same error code ED09C6. All samba ports are open. Made Firewall exceptions. I can ping the computers from the printer but scan to SMB still does not work. I feel like I have tried everything.

oxxi, is this a Linux system? The ports that need to be open are:
TCP: 139, 445
UDP: 137, 138

dickierock
02-14-2013, 03:01 PM
Hey,
You need to make it clear with the owner that the IT guy needs to step up as it seems strange to me that neither smb or scan to email are not working.Its usually one or the other.
I think your IT person is the main reason for your problems.Seriously, you've proven the scanner is working and was working in the previous location. If the IT guy is so particular about everything then he should bear the responsability of putting the new settings in.Who knows what he has going on in the network.Its seems he's blaming the scanner coz he hasn't a clue himself and doesn't want to be shown up!!

Best of luck,I feel your pain.

oxxi
02-14-2013, 06:49 PM
oxxi, is this a Linux system? The ports that need to be open are:
TCP: 139, 445
UDP: 137, 138

Well the scenario is that all the computers are Windows 7 64 bit. They all have the same hardware and are setup the same way. The thing is that Scan to SMB works on some computers for some reason. All the computers have an Admin account and a Standard user account. To setup scan to smb, I followed this tutorial on Youtube (see below). This setup worked fine when I first set it up on our computers, but then it just stopped working. I've made sure everything is correct, I have disabled the Windows Firewall , Antivirus, anything that I think would be blocking SMB. I have confirmed that SMB ports are open with 'netstat'. After all this, I still keep getting ED09C6 error. The LAN cable should be fine since other computers with the same setup work. I just need to pin point what settings are making it work on the other computers. I'm starting to think that maybe the network adapter on the Konica is faulty or that I might have to do a Firmware update. Have any of you ever experienced this type of problem?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yLUvvXYthg

DocuSystems
02-14-2013, 08:41 PM
In Windows 7 you have to make sure that the computer is either on a home or work type network. If you are on a public network, network discovery will be disabled, and you will get the "Server Connect Error" ED09C6. Also, some services responsible for filesharing could be disabled. If it works on one or more computers, but not some of the others, it's not a network card on the Bizhub, or firmware issue. There have been some special firmware released for the 200/250/350 series that relate specifically to SMB, but that failure is usually a logon failure. (ED09C7) And always us all CAPS for the hostname. EG. MYPC instead of MyPC.

oxxi
02-14-2013, 09:50 PM
In Windows 7 you have to make sure that the computer is either on a home or work type network. If you are on a public network, network discovery will be disabled, and you will get the "Server Connect Error" ED09C6. Also, some services responsible for filesharing could be disabled. If it works on one or more computers, but not some of the others, it's not a network card on the Bizhub, or firmware issue. There have been some special firmware released for the 200/250/350 series that relate specifically to SMB, but that failure is usually a logon failure. (ED09C7) And always us all CAPS for the hostname. EG. MYPC instead of MyPC.

I can confirm that I am on a 'Work' type network. File sharing is enabled also, I do enter the Ip address of the destination instead of the Hostname. The problem still persists though. This is a challenge!

morpk
02-14-2013, 10:33 PM
Have a look at this thread, i talked about scan to gmail and ways around scanning directly to gmails server (if this is giving you an issue)
hope it helps

http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/connectivity/73149-scan-gmail.html

JR2ALTA
02-14-2013, 11:13 PM
Konica really improved it's diagnostics. now you can work with "sever connect" or "login error"

these old EDOxxx crapola is not worthy of a 99$ lexmark from Office Depot

oxxi
02-15-2013, 09:02 PM
Well I guess I'm gonna have to ask Microsoft now. Yesterday I tested one of the computers to see if the scan to SMB still works, and it doesn't anymore. I think it just works for a few days and then it just stops working for some reason. I think something is up with Windows 7 not allowing SMB to come through. Wish me luck.

Avskrap
02-16-2013, 03:55 PM
Are you 100% sure that you've set up the SMB share the correct way? In Win7 you have to share the folder + set privileges for "Everyone" to read/write (alt. Co-owner status). Even though you can locate the share and you can see the content, you can't write to it if you don't set the correct privileges.

trektech
02-16-2013, 04:25 PM
Hey,
You need to make it clear with the owner that the IT guy needs to step up as it seems strange to me that neither smb or scan to email are not working.Its usually one or the other.
I think your IT person is the main reason for your problems.Seriously, you've proven the scanner is working and was working in the previous location. If the IT guy is so particular about everything then he should bear the responsability of putting the new settings in.Who knows what he has going on in the network.Its seems he's blaming the scanner coz he hasn't a clue himself and doesn't want to be shown up!!

Best of luck,I feel your pain.

That is about where I left it back then. I proved the Bizhub works and that the issue was with the network to the owners and left it up to the IT guy who is an independent outside provider. I tried to work with him but walked away after establishing MFP function and still getting grief from him. I believe the owners understood the situation.
At any rate, I have seen the situation resolved there and am really glad to see continued conversation on this here with all the great information being passed on.
Thanks!

peter42
02-19-2013, 02:37 PM
Some times before i wrote a standard procedure for scan to SMB
for our technicians:

any entrys are made in lowercase.

On the target client:
Open User-Manager
Add a new local User, name:"scan", password:"scan"
Password has to be fix and no expiration.

Create a new folder on harddisk, not on desktop, name it "scan".
Open properties of that folder,
open share, add the user"scan" from the member list.
Give that user read and write allowed for that folder.

now to the bizhub:
as administrator: open network settings and add your dns-server adress. most like 192.168.1.1

logout as admin and login as normal user:
open the scan tab, select new target with SMB.

Enter the fieldname that you will show at machines display eg. "mikes-pc"
Enter the ipadress of the upper prepared client.
enter the sharename of that folder, only "scan" no drivenames or shlashes are allowed at here.

enter user "scan"
enter password "scan"

Use save and ok.

This works in 95% immediately, the rest (5% ) is searching for firewall and antispyware settings.

Only after this is done and working,
you can start to use other usernames, secure passwords and different sharefoldernames.

greetings peter

oxxi
02-19-2013, 07:24 PM
Are you 100% sure that you've set up the SMB share the correct way? In Win7 you have to share the folder + set privileges for "Everyone" to read/write (alt. Co-owner status). Even though you can locate the share and you can see the content, you can't write to it if you don't set the correct privileges.

Yes, I'm 100% sure I set it up correctly and I do have the privileges on the shared folder set to "Everyone". The scan to SMB still fails no matter what. Right now there is only 1 computer that works for some reason, but like all the other computers, it will most likely stop working at some point.

peter42
02-20-2013, 09:55 AM
for our technicians:

any entrys are made all in lowercase.

On the target client:
Open User-Manager

open share, add the user "scan" from the member list.
Sharename of that folder is also "scan".
Start "cmd" and enter "ipconfig"
write down the showed ip-adress.

now to the bizhub:

(If a domaincontroller or a Router is present:
as administrator: open network settings and add your dns-server adress. most like 192.168.1.1
Logout the administrator mode and )
login as normal user:

Enter the fieldname you like to display on mashines scan-screen eg. "mikes-pc"
Enter the ip-adress of the upper prepared client.
enter the sharename of that folder, only "scan" no drivenames or shlashes are allowed here.

enter user "scan"
enter password "scan"

Use save and ok.

This works in 95% immediately, the rest (5% ) is searching for firewall and antispyware settings.

you can start to use other usernames, secure passwords and different folders

greetings peter

oxxi
02-20-2013, 10:11 PM
for our technicians:

any entrys are made all in lowercase.

On the target client:
Open User-Manager

open share, add the user "scan" from the member list.
Sharename of that folder is also "scan".
Start "cmd" and enter "ipconfig"
write down the showed ip-adress.

now to the bizhub:

(If a domaincontroller or a Router is present:
Logout the administrator mode and )
login as normal user:

Enter the fieldname you like to display on mashines scan-screen eg. "mikes-pc"
Enter the ip-adress of the upper prepared client.
enter the sharename of that folder, only "scan" no drivenames or shlashes are allowed here.

enter user "scan"
enter password "scan"

Use save and ok.

you can start to use other usernames, secure passwords and different folders

greetings peter

Yeah, I pretty much have it setup exactly like your post, but it still fails. The good news though is that I found another solution. I downloaded Konica's FTP Utility and set it up on each computer to scan to FTP. It works beautifully! Here is a link for anyone that might need it. KONICA MINOLTA | HONG KONG (http://download.konicaminolta.hk/bt/eng/download/utilities_content.html)

Saghir377
02-26-2013, 10:55 AM
Dear if you make scan folder on desktop it can make problems try to creat scan folder in C not on desktop. I sagest use FTP instead of smb.

Custom Search