PDA

View Full Version : BizHub Pro C6500 recurring dust lines

Custom Search

lotus1
12-07-2010, 02:22 AM
For nearly 3 years, about 1.4 million copies, this machine has been running beautifully. For the past couple of months, dust and lint has been collecting under the developer units, in the laser path, causing white lines...AT LEAST every other day, and sometimes 2-3 times per day depending on usage :mad::mad::mad:. Nothing has changed in the machine environment, the area is kept clean, the machine is kept clean and only runs high-quality stocks (mostly coated). Some of the "dust" looks ALOT like fibers from the dust-proof filter (inside the right door) so that has been replaced along with all other filters. The odd thing is that the dust and fibers appear to be "standing up" as if the, or the plate, has a charge :confused:. Too many calls...too much downtime...thinking about making a bumper car out of the machine! ANY HELP would be GREATLY appreciated.

HORSE
12-07-2010, 02:42 AM
I share your pain, try vac out the machine (when doing a really good PM) and replace all the filters.

Also you can peel of an exhaust filter cloth from around the back and stick it over the vents right beside the toner bottle door (to the left & above the Bypass tray). Make sure you keep this clean or you might get an overheat code on your cyan Laser.

jma676
12-07-2010, 03:34 AM
Ok, I also resorted to this solution, filter the input for ventilation of the writing units, as Horse says: is necessary to use a light filter for the passage of the air, otherwise you will have code of abnormal temperature in some writing units.

This is a pity that when they designed the Bizhub Pro C6500 was not taken into account this problem of the Laser units ventilation:leaving as a result of the dust being blown from the outside to the inside of the machine going on underneath the writing units and is placed under the Developing Units or attached to the Drum Units . it`s true that the air circuit must complete his round to move but they could have found a solution.

It`s also true that the Bizhub must meet the conditions of installation: low amount of dust and particles in the environment as a first step.

I hope the Bizhub Press C8000 does not have this problem. Ja :P

lotus1
12-07-2010, 09:37 PM
Alright, I'm going to give that a try. It is a shame though, to have one heck of a workhorse and overall a great machine, soooooo frustrating and hated for such a trivial (but CONSTANT) problem.

Stirton.M
12-07-2010, 11:06 PM
This problem can also be introduced when you do periodic PMs...I get this problem from time to time as well and the source is usually those stretch and dust cloths. While they are great for dealing with toner dust, they suck for leaving behind really fine fibers, which more often than not, hang from the bottom side of the developer units. My solution is to carry a can of compressed air. After I have initially done a PM that involves restarting the dev units, after I have emptied them and placed them back into the machine, before I place the drums, charge units and developer, I used the compressed air to blow out any dust under the units, around the charge holders and so forth. Be careful, the drum potential sensors are static sensitive. You don't need full blast air, just enough to get rid of those fibers. Put it all back together, after the adjustments, do a colour test with all four colours (blend yellow with one of the others) and look for any last minute strings. Lightly blow those out if any are there. Much of the time I have found, this isn't an issue if I follow this procedure. And I also inform the customer of how to correct this on the fly, so they are not at the mercy of waiting for you to show up and they can carry on doing what they need to do.

Herrmann
12-09-2010, 10:21 PM
take the filter assy on the right side, and remove 4 of the 8 white tissues in it, gives a better air flow ;) works well here

Custom Search