PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C350 - duplex wrinkle?

Custom Search

OutlawTorn
12-07-2010, 04:01 PM
Hi all,

Got called into a customer today and they had managed to jam the machine up trying to put card through the duplex unit from the LCT. I got that problem fixed as it was jamming constantly from duplexing at that point.

Now I am getting paper wrinkle just from the duplex? I noticed that the small plastic guide underneath the paper transport area was jammed in underneath its normal position (probably one of the reasons it was jamming)

Having pulled it clear and having a good investigation I can't see anything else wrong with the machine! The crumple is exactly the same as you get when the fuser is knackered only I changed the fusing unit last month and it is perfect.

I am a little confused, can anybody help at all?

Cheers.

OutlawTorn
12-08-2010, 09:03 AM
Nobody?!

fixthecopier
12-08-2010, 10:35 AM
If it is wrinkled, it is being fed into the fuser uneven. I just had a wrinkle problem on a c550 on 11x17 paper. the dust collector was full and the reg roller was slick in the middle, causing it to grip on the outside edges.

mrwho
12-08-2010, 11:51 AM
Either that or the card used managed to damaged your brand-spanking-new fuser. Check it also, even though it's new.

OutlawTorn
12-08-2010, 01:27 PM
That does make sense as the second page of the duplex copy is now skewed. The crumpling is definitely happening before it enters the fusing unit the second time. I would say it is occuring in the transfer area right under the paper dust collector so this may be the issue. Fixthecopier, did you have to replace the paper dust collector and the reg roller underneath it then?

Is this normal to only happen when duplexing and be fine with single sided copying?

Cheers for the feedback so far.

mo0651
12-08-2010, 02:43 PM
check the bushings of the registration rollers. I have seen many wore down that the paper slips as it is being fed. 11x17 is usually the first then top drawer, duplex etc.

fixthecopier
12-08-2010, 09:33 PM
I just cleaned mine, and the issue would only occurred with 11x17. I would also swap that duplex out just to see if it is a roller in it.

Custom Search